• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

12 hours ago, cda951 said:

We navigated the hellscape of the 405 freeway and drove to Torrance to pick up a nice used set of door panels for my girlfriend's '99 Z3 Coupe. Way too much traffic; every time I drive down there I am reminded of why I don't live in the LA area!

IMG_7895.jpeg

IMG_7896.jpeg

Z3 coupe. Oooooo.  If I hadn't found the 2002 platform, those were on the short list.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Bought some 5mm stainless rod from Amazon and fashioned my own version of Special Tool 88886135050 9E615C6B-1B6A-4D94-8B21-DFD0E34D0BBB.jpeg

Now if I can just get the d-cam set correctly.  Frustrated thread to come, no doubt.

• Like 5

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

I don’t know where my text went? Anyway I installed a 6v optima battery. It’s alive again after 30 years of no voltage to the circuits. It’s like I gave it a heartbeat again. Very satisfying moment. No running lights in the euro turn signals yet. I might add those for safety later on. 

Edited by 72pdx02
  • Like 4

On 9/19/2021 at 8:30 AM, irdave said:

Z3 coupe. Oooooo.  If I hadn't found the 2002 platform, those were on the short list.

That's a great car. 240K miles and counting on the original, untouched M52TU engine. Does not use or leak a drop of oil. Has had all of the plastic cooling system stuff replaced as needed, crankcase vent valve/hoses, etc. Rock solid mechanically (Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers are the only modifications) , pretty rough cosmetically (clear coat failure, crap E36 era interior parts), has been a great dog car for my girlfriend (often 2-3 dogs in the hatch), has gone on numerous cross-country road trips and rallies. Awesome car.

• Like 2

Chris A.

---'73 BMW 2002tii road rally car, '86 Porsche 944 Turbo track rat, '90 Porsche 944S2 Cab daily/touring car, '81 Alfa Romeo GTV6 GT car/Copart special, '99 BMW Z3 Coupe daily driver/dog car, '74 Jensen-Healey roadster 
---other stuff

8 hours ago, cda951 said:

That's a great car. 240K miles and counting on the original, untouched M52TU engine. Does not use or leak a drop of oil. Has had all of the plastic cooling system stuff replaced as needed, crankcase vent valve/hoses, etc. Rock solid mechanically (Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers are the only modifications) , pretty rough cosmetically (clear coat failure, crap E36 era interior parts), has been a great dog car for my girlfriend (often 2-3 dogs in the hatch), has gone on numerous cross-country road trips and rallies. Awesome car.

That's awesome.  My buddy didn't even know they made that car in the non-M platform.  Seems like some of the best BMW cars got built by people doing what they weren't supposed to.  I, apparently, have a serious soft spot for them.  :)

We had a z4m coupe for a bit, with the s54.  The car was absolutely mega in every way, except no room for a dog.  Once we moved and got a dog, car had to go- just no room for the dog. :shrug emoji

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

We are traveling across France two nights in Dijon where my wife Tory attended college her junior year to Lyon…Beautiful drive, very cool as the workers were in the field Harvesting the grapes. Stopped for lunch in Beaune and this is what she had…

930CBB96-106A-4045-AD14-CC03AE6B8BF4.jpeg

944C86CC-1E6B-46DB-8682-CE7D338A675C.jpeg

40DAF597-D7F9-4DA5-8D23-F6DFB1E89CE8.jpeg

F447A288-155E-46FC-9B5C-0451D55ED61D.jpeg

• Like 12

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…