• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

20 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Alright, dash progress!  I cannot describe how satisfying it is to see an idea you've had banging around for years take actual shape.  It's a feeling I'm sure many here can relate to.  There will be final installation photos and more in depth process descriptions on the blog, this is a bit of a rough draft.

Next will be to make the matching underdash panels and the visors (with rebuilt pivots).  The visors ("tear down photos" shown) are being done in a matching material as the headliner (diamond embossed vinyl as found on the E9 Coupes; not a fan of the cheap-hotel look of the stock 02 headliner material). 

Dash looks great @AceAndrew, looking forward to seeing visors. -KB

Discovered my new trailer is more dangerous* than my old trailer (*makes it too easy to bring cars home).

A stalled-project 1968 1602, early Alpina flares, Manila color (I believe) and matching number engine. If only it had period racing history...    -KB

1602-inspection-day-1(1).jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dave919 said:

What did your refill with? Getting ready to do the same.

Shop did it as I’ve just had knee surgery and couldn’t get under the car, let me check the invoice and see if he listed it, he did tell me but it went in one ear and out the other as I started the car and shifted, it was that big a change I was stunned, it was quite crappy old oil that came out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Yes!  Ugh, looking for a VDO series-one clock was a multi-year failure.  Ended up with Paul’s Speedo changing the bezel over to the series-one style on a period “cockpit” style clock instead.

Thank you Ken!

F1BE71DD-57D2-457C-9E19-3DB0C6DA5B23.jpeg

What year is your car? I think quartz started in 1974MY for BMW.

;-)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Hi all,
before I replace the parts and rubber of the rear side windows on my 2002Tii could you tell me if that hole I have on each side is "normal"? I faced that question long ago, then forgot to treat it...and now here I'am! I checked lots of pics to try to find a clue, but no luck. The fact that it's on both sides let me think it has to have a role, but then if water goes in, it will go down inside the rear wing... Thanks for your help!

IMG_20211111_104817367.jpg

IMG_20211111_104858772.jpg

IMG_20211111_104835160.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 7:48 AM, kbmb02 said:

If only it had period racing history...    -KB

Here's one for you Ken.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/d/belfair-parting-out-bmw/7406483571.html

Parting out 1969 bmw 2002. Let me know if there is anything you need. It used to be a race car.
Feel free to make offers

Car is too rusty to repair

Parts sold
Steering wheel
Windshield wiper arms
Front bumper
Roll bar

00T0T_13vvcMdS87Iz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Here's one for you Ken.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/d/belfair-parting-out-bmw/7406483571.html

Parting out 1969 bmw 2002. Let me know if there is anything you need. It used to be a race car.

Wonder if it has a log book....?

11 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Wonder if it has a log book....?

The seller's phone number is in the ad.  He's got three early 70's VolVos for sale now too.  I think he has experience selling cars.  He's probably about an hour south of where I am.  It actually posted about a week ago, but he's just renewing the ad.

Tom

Upholstery. I’ve recovered a few seats before but none have been this challenging. I Am re-building the passenger seat back with new foam and testing the headrest fit. Now I need to find some listing wire to attach the seat cover. F59EB780-4AED-49CE-B44D-FF5C80F8A4A7.jpeg

Edited by Eissmann
spelling
  • Like 3