• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 hour ago, ClayW said:

Rebuilt a couple of these today.

Nice work.  All-brass?  So simple but so effective. New seals revive them to as-new status.

When I did mine I couldn't find the rubber seals locally.  Someone here (drat! can't remember who) sent me a care package of a few large and a few small seals years ago.  Still have a set.  My valve turns SO smooth and leak-free.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Detailed the  belt trim today with a lil" help from Mr.Clean and Dawn. Maybe a lil' late to the party but I was pleasantly surprised how effective the erasers  removed the grime and abrasions. Look almost new.

IMG_1068.thumb.JPG.54c0837b26efbef033367ec48fddc0c7.JPGIMG_1070.thumb.JPG.95658fbfbe4246fe1206ec660b1da774.JPG

looks better now

IMG_1079.thumb.JPG.0d2e829647952787142746959f2dce35.JPG

Also gave the newly my plated door finishers new squeegees......the new felts are on the way.

IMG_1082.thumb.JPG.88c975b9093d2255c4096afaa59e65b9.JPGIMG_1083.thumb.JPG.328992238733961565350f397f5f672c.JPG

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 2

This Griot's stuff does a great job on bumperette rubber; likely good on knee trim also. 

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/bumper+and+trim+reconditioner+8+ounces.do

I need new squeegees but I wanna make them, for the ugly car....

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Haven't posted in a while, how is everyone doing?

Hope you're all making more progress than I am...Tourism in Amsterdam great project lol!

Started on the wheel arch in preparation for the pig cheek(s). Need to order the rear replacement panel

Cheers JP, PS: third pic not all too long ago ;)

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

Edited by dhr.vdw
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Nice work.  All-brass?  So simple but so effective. New seals revive them to as-new status.

Plastic and stainless steel inserts. I used the kit that Blunt sells. 

Now one to find people who need new heater valves!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Fogged it up out driving in the rain.  I really need to install that window regulator on the passenger door, so it will wind up all the way.  One of these days.

Before my outing, I backed the timing off by two degrees, putting the BB back at 2150 rpm.  It had drifted to 2075, or so.  I need to shorten the curve, since I now have 5* advance at idle.  I'd like a little more, but no more at the top end.

While out and about, I had the tires Andy gave me installed on the rims Patrick sold me.

010.thumb.JPG.b961befa017970b22f5cae38ebc18ccd.JPG

I now have rims with the proper offset !  One cool detail is that  the manufacture date on them is 10-'75 which happens to be the same as my car, 10-21-'75. :)

007.thumb.JPG.042d99f0f97ab0c0cec8d657506e6096.JPG

My old tires were junk and the e21 steelies are in fact stiffer to steer at slow speeds.  They came on the car, so this was my first experience with the ET29 offset.  I like it.  The shimmy in the steering wheel is totally gone and I will now get some traction on the wet roads.  

For the test drive, I put it to work retrieving the remote controlled 18' awning I found for free on Craigslist.  It will go over the new deck, on the left in this photo.  (look at that deeelicious western red cedar rail cap.  over three hundred years of growth rings in that 2x6... mixed into the tight knot pile at the lumber yard)  

016.thumb.JPG.610cb2b58835b672ca21b05ea7dbaab5.JPG

It was a bit of a wrestling match to remove the awning and get it onto the car, but no damage done to the awning, the car, or myself.  A Thule rack turns the 2002 into a very capable little car.

• Like 5

It has been a while since I posted anything here.  So here we go.

1) installed an AN-6 line between the tank and my fuel pressure regulator. 

2) Installed a Carter P4070 fuel pump as well as a canister style fuel filter/water separator.  I tucked them in by the rear end.  It was tight but safe, especially since the fuel line goes outside the car, rather than under the passenger seat. 

3) Installed new lights for my heater and fan control panels.  

4) Installed my power trunk release

5) installed my impact safety shutoff switch for my electric fuel pump. 

6) Fixed a loose power door lock actuator. 

7) Re-jetted the carb and lowered the float which helped to solve a jetting issue.

... and probably some other smaller stuff as well. 

• Like 2

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002