• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

21 hours ago, popovm said:

Which puller did you buy? I’m curious what style works best. 

This is the one that eventually did the trick for me. 

GEARWRENCH Ball Joint Separator - 3916D

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Edited by ricsix
  • Thanks 2

73 02 Inka

05 M3 Schwarz 2

67 912 Light Ivory

Out with the old and in with the new. A big thank you to Ken@Kbm02 for the calipers and AceAndrew for the new Cunifer Brake Hardline kit. Just waiting on the Hardline kit to arrive.

IMG_2395.jpg

• Like 5

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

I fiddled with the points -- ended up replacing for new ones -- and swapped in a working vacuum advance pod to try and solve some hesitation/misfire/blubbering when accelerating out of cruising speed. Driving on the freeway was getting very annoying! 2500-3000 rpm, slowly applying throttle to keep up with traffic and the engine gives me a "ba-baba-ba-ba" instead of a smooth "braaaaaaap". Know what i mean? ?

For the center tie rods, I've always had good luck with the old fashioned pickle fork and an 8lb sledge -- but don't even try without the BFH. I spent an hour banging on a pickle fork with a regular framing hammer for the control arms on my E36 until i gave up and bought a sledge. Two pops with that and they were out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eviction_party said:

I fiddled with the points -- ended up replacing for new ones -- and swapped in a working vacuum advance pod to try and solve some hesitation/misfire/blubbering when accelerating out of cruising speed. Driving on the freeway was getting very annoying! 2500-3000 rpm, slowly applying throttle to keep up with traffic and the engine gives me a "ba-baba-ba-ba" instead of a smooth "braaaaaaap". Know what i mean? ?

For the center tie rods, I've always had good luck with the old fashioned pickle fork and an 8lb sledge -- but don't even try without the BFH. I spent an hour banging on a pickle fork with a regular framing hammer for the control arms on my E36 until i gave up and bought a sledge. Two pops with that and they were out.

Air getting into the fuel lines maybe?  That’s something I’m working on correcting. 

21 minutes ago, its55 said:

Air getting into the fuel lines maybe?

If I stab the throttle, it pulls strong. Sometimes there's some hesitation first though. So I'm thinking since it can pull at full throttle from 2k up, it's getting enough fuel flow and doesn't seem like there's air in the lines. Maybe I ought to check the float level again.

After 2 weeks home went and picked up block from machine shop. Cleaned oil channels, oiled deck & bores. Found some fancy paint and thought what the &*# and went on painting it.

First round: Me 1 - Covid 0

7CFEDDCC-47DE-4F97-8726-EE064A25AB3C.jpeg

• Like 7

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

1 hour ago, tzei said:

After 2 weeks home went and picked up block from machine shop. Cleaned oil channels, oiled deck & bores. Found some fancy paint and thought what the &*# and went on painting it.

First round: Me 1 - Covid 0

Nice - bright colors are fast, I hear. (but, doesn’t paint add weight?!)

Interesting that block has additional water passages at the front and back. M10 or ? What year?

I’ve got a block here that’s similar, but not-quite the same. -KB

Worked on cleaning the engine bay, soon to replace the firewall insulation with something from these local guys: https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/

was 

spacer.png

is

spacer.png

I'll have the trans out and the CSB is shot so - plenty of joy to come. 

• Like 2

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

I cleaned my vent window gear boxes!  I found this little “oil” hole?   I squirted penetrating oil and ultrasonic cleaned them.  Spiffy I must say.

was almost going down another rat hole before I noticed the oil holes!  And that would be bad!8871624B-ABB5-43B6-80AD-653B90DE4297.thumb.jpeg.2d469895f34dd38caa6538a10328528c.jpeg

These caps are not meant to be removed!

Now what do I squirt in there that will be effective with the gears?  FF8ED13F-D53D-4853-AC21-E2730B4A75BC.thumb.jpeg.f926e059a2b47fb2c3cd28f83dca5017.jpeg

• Like 1