• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

driveshaft out this afternoon, after shaving a 17mm socket.

removing the shift platform diagonal brace to improve access, helps. 

spacer.png

plan to have the transmission out shortly.

• Like 5

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

On 2/16/2022 at 2:03 PM, rdeeble said:

Got the car back from Jon at Fender's and Fins (bodyshop)... its as though nothing ever happened.

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

Looks amazing! Fast too. I’ll need to keep them in mind for future body work. 

Edited by popovm
  • Like 1

trans removed this morning.

spacer.png

now to clean the tunnel and prep for application of firewall heatshield.

The 5-speed was installed prior to my ownership.

This is my first time wrenching on this installation, and I see the fit is snug everywhere. 

• Like 3

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

Got the passenger door re-hung and adjusted. Discovered both door brakes were broken only after searching for new ones did I find out what the early model door brakes look like! So, sent a message out to Harry who I hope has some for sale.

Also dismantled the guts of both doors and will be rebuilding what I can. Buying new where I have to.

Replaced the brake fluid yesterday ... to a point.  Did the rears the began on the right front.  Lower outer bleed screw stuck hard.  Nothing I tried would budge it.  Decided I'll just replace these 50 year old calipers, so I'll be removing the right front caliper today.  Looks like Schmidt will be a garage queen for awhile, but that's ok.

Edited by its55
typo
  • Like 3

I've been chasing a small oil leak coming down my driver's side control arm. In my search I discovered the vacuum line from Tii throttle body to breather hose not only had disconnected, but also had a split in it.  I just replaced the line with some clear tubing which getting behind the runner was fairly easy using some surgical instruments.  I'm guessing it's been like this for quite some time, is there enough residual oil in the line to evolve into an oil leak?

TB 3.JPG

TB 2.JPG

TB 1.JPG

• Like 1

A few of us here in Austin met up at Terry Sayther’s shop and drove out to the Circuit of the Americas to check out a few 02s participating in the Vintage Races.  Thought I’d share a few pics.  First one I took as we were walking back to our 02s and a photographer taking some pics of our 02s.  Thought that was kinda cool. ?

E0C9E42F-2E90-4820-BF7F-F310637E1C65.jpeg

CD6865F4-1FCF-41E0-8A3C-2D2A971ECA3C.jpeg

CB6EDEEB-28D7-455C-B40E-FDCC21638B1B.jpeg

8AE1B123-5B97-4BCB-BB99-A49612C8CD7E.jpeg

44699D19-CA24-4863-A373-06AB2F0F8D0F.jpeg

C423507A-839A-4A25-8DCD-AF3819A15D15.jpeg

A7B7EF4E-BE8F-49AA-80D6-65CA903DDF7C.jpeg

• Like 5

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968