• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

off topic, I suppose  - but I started my 88 M5 today for the first time in a while.  I have been slowly bringing it back online and a fuel system restore took, well, a bit longer than expected.  But that thing sings once lit up, baby.  Light this candle.

• Like 4

Prepping for Mid America... spent time under the Mintgrun sorting out a noisy exhaust. It's been a couple of years of needing to re-tighten both the manifold to downpipe and downpipe to first horizontal section. I started with the downpipe to horizontal, and bought replacement bolts & locking nuts. That took care of that leak area but still had a leak somewhere, which after listening I thought was the manifold to downpipe. Pulled the down pipe and found that the gasket to the manifold was non-existent, and that the top of the downpipe surface is pretty worn -- maybe not surprising given that it's the original downpipe and apparently the gasket had been toast and meanwhile I'd be re-cranking the nuts every so often.

Happened to have an IE downpipe on hand that I didn't use when I put the IE full exhaust on the '73, so went ahead and put this on. I didn't have a manifold-to-downpipe gasket on hand, but I found some 1200F gasket material at a local auto parts store and made one. It took a fair amount of trans tunnel hammering on the original to car insulation shield to fit the IE downpipe, which was unexpected. But all hooked up now and the car is FINALLY quiet (well, relatively given the noisy engine and the Ansa :) up front and waaaaay better on fumes in the cabin. 

Celebrated with a 40 mile drive around some of the big lakes. :)

Otto the Mintgrun is ready for the Mid America 1400 mile trip in a week and a half! Stoked

• Like 6

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

Fantastic turnout for our April Austin area BMW 2002 and Vintage BMW C&C this morning.  I combined our vintage BMW with BMWCCA Tejas Chapter again this month and had a really good turnout.  Was a good mix of old and new. 

7D9546F2-EA1A-4278-836A-D6091FC98569.jpeg

9B80A3CC-E8E0-4DB5-B87C-0856A7D64365.jpeg

• Like 11

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

10 hours ago, Ratty76 said:

I finally got around to installing my dam and bumpers tonight. Last week wrapped up suspension with HDs and H&Rs. Ready for some drives. Once the snow stops…

B3000F86-A4B5-49E3-8FA3-84A179964A5D.thumb.jpeg.3edf01b23c8f581b4a2ac15a3b6dcc7f.jpeg

What size/type wheels and tires? Great stance

On 4/16/2022 at 1:31 AM, tzei said:

Some personal notes when i got mine:

make somekind of filter for outbound air as places will get dust.

Thanks! I bought a new HEPA vac for that, needed a new one anyway. My old. dinky, crappy craftsman was blowing out as much crap as it was taking in.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:31 AM, tzei said:

Mine has legs so it’s easy to change medium from the bottom cone of the cabinet. 

The  90 degree fitting in this harbor freight unit is beyond stupid, its got to go and a rework there will be required. Thinking on the best way to accomplish that,

Came up 1 short on required fittings today so have to wait until tomorrow to start using it... Drat

IMG_2573.JPG

• Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris