• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Fín. Took about 2 hours to fully reinstall. I am sure I could do all this in half the time now that I’ve done it once. And would save myself a ton of time on not touching the flex disc bolts at all until out of the car. Just remove the two linkage bolts and go inder the dash and remove those 4 bolts holding the column in. That was the way for sure. It was also very easy to line eveything back up straight and push the column back into the linkage. But lets hope i dont have to do it again. No leaks from steering box so far and it’s been 24 hours full.

It looks like one can remove the shim plate while installed in case anyone has a leak there.

73E28E05-52DE-4C4A-9755-29DAF95C4ABE.jpeg

• Like 5

'74 Verona

On 9/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, flagoworld said:

Ages ago a friend cut out some vinyl stickers for me and I finally got around to putting them on my wheel caps. Poured some epoxy on top. Came out pretty nice!

-

02DE50F9-4D6B-4D94-9068-1B137A75B306.jpeg

7A12F0A6-5A54-4250-9BFE-C40A6C236042.jpeg

D3C5119A-5687-4F32-814A-481E7AD6290E.jpeg

45907863-2F88-4CBB-8063-7BA0C7BB2E93.jpeg

WOAH!  I have never seen someone with the same Epsilon Super lights before!!!  However, mine are bronze and desperately need a refresh!  So much info can be found about all the other epsilon wheel (southernways) but I know VERY LITTLE about the super lights!

I am currently missing a center cap, but mine do not look nice and flush like that!  Are those after market? If so, where did you get those???

• Like 1

SHINY PAINT CAUSES STRESS! 

.... At least that's what I tell myself to avoid painting a car. 

Finally nearing completion on Rust Bucket dismantle, what a PITA, seems like the last time I did this some 30 odd years ago it wasn't nearly this hard😁

But that car was just smashed, not packed full of rust, bedding and rodent crap, I swear, I have filled up my big shop vac 3 or 4 times.

Once rust bucket is out and off the lift its time for a garage cleanse and bring Survivor back in for winter.

Then on to building replacement engine for Franz.

Love the Max Jax! Best possible solution for my space.

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_2941.JPG

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

17 hours ago, DM46 said:

WOAH!  I have never seen someone with the same Epsilon Super lights before!!!  However, mine are bronze and desperately need a refresh!  So much info can be found about all the other epsilon wheel (southernways) but I know VERY LITTLE about the super lights!

I am currently missing a center cap, but mine do not look nice and flush like that!  Are those after market? If so, where did you get those???

I don't know much about them but the fitment matched what I wanted and I thought they looked pretty good. I got them from someone here on the FAQ a few years ago. They were black & silver when I got them and fairly dinged up. I sanded them and filled the dings with metal reinforced body filler, then repainted them in... I THINK it was Chrysler Alloy Silver color from one of those "OEM color" spray cans at Oreillys and then clearcoated with a can of wheel clearcoat. They've been holding up great. The center caps came with them, and the Superlite stickers that were on them originally were very worn down, so I took them off immediately.

Anyways, if you want some caps like this I can 3d print them for you. You'll have to sand, fill, and paint them though to remove layer lines. Really I can do any style center caps, I just need to know the dimensions of your HOLE. 😋

• Thanks 1

'74 Verona

53 minutes ago, David Layton said:

Looks like the younger cars ate a lot of junk food growing up.

That’s hilarious. I did the same picture with my e28 next to a modern 5 series... the new car looked twice the size

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

1) Replaced right side axle, hub, wheel bearings, and nut.

2) Replaced rear wheel cylinders.

3) Replaced leaking oil pressure sensor.

4) Replaced 1 piece of leaking fuel line. Need too replace it all.

5) Tightened super loose fan belt a little. Bushings seem to be shot, or missing.

6) Inspected steering linkage. Outer tie rod ends are very loose. Need to order.

7) Shifter is very loose. It looks like a mount has broken.

😎 Inspected water pump. Bearing has a little play in it. No leaks. Will replace.

9) Repaired used heater core bought on eBay. 

10) Test drove the car for the 1st time in my ownership. Drive created need for several of the inspections quoted above.

Regards

Dono

• Like 9