• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

baby got new shoes!

15x8 ET0 Rota RKR

Tires are 205/50/15. Kind of a stretch, but I was really worried about rubbing in the front wheel wells. So far so good with the turbo flares. Some rub at full lock, as expected.

too blingy?

rkr install.jpg

• Like 4

I installed an oil catch can on my '76.

I have a picture of it on my blog at  http://www.2002and914.com/?p=473

If anyone is interested.

My "fun" cars so far:                                                                                                                                                                                                            My restoration website:

1976 BMW 2002a                                                                                                                                                                                                           http://www.2002and914.com

1975 Porsche 914

On 2/23/2018 at 3:52 PM, Bibm5 said:

I toned the wood darker for the new steering wheel and got the horn button back from the shop I used to mill it out. They already had it epoxied in and I couldn't be happier with the results. cefb21767573f6825bdb1afb89f1ac55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wow, Bibm5, that is simply a work of art! Way to go, thinking outside of the box! It truly is a gift...

• Like 2

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

7 hours ago, mmichalik said:

I installed an oil catch can on my '76.

I have a picture of it on my blog at  http://www.2002and914.com/?p=473

If anyone is interested.

Ha, ha, ha... Too funny. I put the kids to bed and was out in the garage trying to figure out why my oil filler cap was leaking oil over my newly painted valve cover and noticed my Weber carburetor air filter looked very oily...

Of course, the oil filler cap gasket had a lot of oil on it and I just had to remove it to dry it out and try to create a second gasket from a "to go" container, as listed on this site to "tighten things up"... then as I was drying it out it fell into the engine compartment...:(, ha, ha, ha... this sucks!!:lol: Couldn't find it for about an hour... it f-ing rolled away from the engine compartment area to midway, just below the drive shaft. WTF???

Damn, it was a can of worms!!! Bolt missing from the transmission, brake fluid leak from the clutch pedal WITHIN the f-ing pedal box(as seen from through the carpet hole/opening)...oil everywhere over the bottom of the engine...OH, gee, to get to the pedal box from the interior, the carpet has to be somehow removed(Thanks BMW2002faq!!!:D)

Gee, I hate AND love these cars!:D

• Like 1

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

It’s been a good day, warm and sunny. Picked up a battery and oil for the awakening. Got the wheels off and freed the brakes up. Rotors were rusty crusty. Wire brush, brake cleaner,

and some vibration producing whacks got them moving. Got the wheels on using them for leverage to free them up some more. Took the car off the jack stands and rolled all 4 tires at the same time since fall 2011! Next, draining the fuel. I’m looking forward to this essential chore the least. Alex

2BBB5804-2296-4E55-8268-92496CA6A745.jpeg

• Like 3

Rastadog ( Alex) 73 Tii, 2018 VW GTI with 3 pedals.