• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

34 minutes ago, reyes02 said:

8478d7ba169900179a09bfe5faae6a20.jpg8587855f9d769a16c87fec9fd067a9dc.jpge7fb7aef182034fc069415c07e3c4cad.jpg
Not the prettiest but swapped in some new to me wheels imo looks a lot better

- Reyes

I like the turbines too. I just sand blasted a set to restore. I've recently heard, because of the offset, can put stress on the rear suspension. Anyone know much about that? 

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

3 minutes ago, joebarthlow said:

I like the turbines too. I just sand blasted a set to restore. I've recently heard, because of the offset, can put stress on the rear suspension. Anyone know much about that? 

Based on my carefully calibrated opinion, I highly doubt that! 

:)

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Removed original front anti-sway bar and installed new IE 22mm bar, also changed original shocks shocks with Bilstein Sport. Only real trouble was getting the drivers side strut to pass under the fender. A friend stopped by just as I was struggling w/ it and helped me muscle it out from under the fender. There was some some small damage to the fender but it's a driver. Next time I needed to figure out a way to compress the top shaft on the shocks a little bit. This time I decided on brute force instead. Another long day in the cramped garage but I finished up the job.

After a short test drive, the front wheel archs measured 1.3" lower and both rear archs measured 1.5 lower. I'm happy with how it looks and drives . I will play around with adjusting the sway bars.

DSC00072.JPG

DSC00073.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ray_ said:

I like those E21 turbines!

Cheers,

Yeah what is it about finned wheels, they just look the part on an 02, the older I get the more I'm liking these to look at.... not so much when it comes to cleaning but I run basketweaves so what do I know!

pls excuse the redneck photoshop (as Steve calls it?)

IMG_0642.JPG

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Whaledriver said:

Really like the look of your Rentop seats. The midsection perforated pattern simulates  an  original look that wouldn't clash with unmodified rear seats . You refer to a German seller. Is there a U.S. domestic source? If not, what was your source? Do they mount to the original tracks? Thanks,

The Rentrop seats were the OEM standard for Turbo's.  Yes, they bolt directly to the standard tracks/rails. 

The mid-section vinyl is an original BMW material which is still available.   I bought the very tired original seats in Germany and had them restored by @LarsAlpina.  He did a fantastic job, and made matching covers form my rear seat. 

Rentrops are nearly impossible to find in the USA, as they were not used on any US market cars.

Edited by Lengrep
forgot to answer one question

January 30, 1973 Agave tii

April 24, 1974 Chamonix Turbo (German delivery)

23 hours ago, ray_ said:

Those are more rare than OEM Scheels.

;-)

And I bet they were these :)

Cheers,

I'm happy to say they were not the eBay seats, although I bid on them before it got crazy!!  I was contacted directly by the seller through the FAQ when he say my "parts wanted" post...

January 30, 1973 Agave tii

April 24, 1974 Chamonix Turbo (German delivery)

2 hours ago, Lengrep said:

I'm happy to say they were not the eBay seats, although I bid on them before it got crazy!!  I was contacted directly by the seller through the FAQ when he say my "parts wanted" post...

Are you saying that posting a Want to Buy in the proper classified section can actually lead to a love connection?  What a concept!!  ;)

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

1 hour ago, John_in_VA said:

Are you saying the posting a Want to Buy in the proper classified section can actually lead to a love connection?  What a concept!!  ;)

Yeah. That's pretty cool, especially for those scarce things!

Thanks Steve K.!

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Beautiful day here in Charlotte.  Took the Tii out for a spin. So nice outside that I thought I'd tackle a nagging problem.  I have been having an issue with the heater blower howling.  Someone, which I can't remember, posted that they rigged up an extension tube from their WD40 can and sprayed the lower bearing and that solved the problem.  Well I tried the same thing and it worked.  No more howling.  Thanks whoever posted that fix in the past.

Best,

Glen

IMAG0242.jpg