• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

sczapiga,

It will be attached in a week or so.  After that, the new engine will go from its build garage to my garage.  Then remove an old engine, give the engine bay a good enema and cleaning, and  install the new engine.

• Like 4

freshening trunk, literally. it stinks...mildew, mold, something. 

side panels copied into 1/8 abs:

IMG_1167.thumb.jpeg.1c325e6405bcaee4fc409137928e5a42.jpeg

IMG_1170.thumb.jpeg.0c650577076718a42cb35bf4947a0e2d.jpeg

floor boards copied into 5mm birch with a few coats of osmo top oil as a moisture barrier.

IMG_1172.thumb.jpeg.82cca6be3e1103ff51ef4d5455f0e095.jpeg

will need another day to get some black vinyl onto the boards.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Highnote1 said:

I might have one willing to paint this car for me finally without donating a kidney

Glad to hear it!
I'd scheduled a guy to paint my car at a reasonable price. In October he gave me a date of end of February. 2 weeks ago - with my car mostly ready for blast and paint - he backed out 😕 So, now I'm looking (SE Pennsylvania - if anyone knows someone)

Edited by JQ02
  • Sad 2

1976 2002 - Segundo

1936 Ford pickup hotrod, 2010 Honda Ridgeline

Segundo blog

Paoli (PA) Car Show - Oct 5, 2024

15 minutes ago, JQ02 said:

Glad to hear it!
I'd scheduled a guy to paint my car at a reasonable price. In October he gave me a date of end of February. 2 weeks ago - with my car mostly ready for blast and paint - he backed out 😕 So, now I'm looking (SE Pennsylvania - if anyone knows someone)

Man! If they would even return my call/email…I had one say..maybe in 3 years, another in one year…and two said sure but our paint jobs are 40k! That’s not what I’m looking for. 
Fingers crossed on this one. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@JQ02 I’m working on having my ‘74 painted and can speak to the painter to see if he would be interested in painting another one. He’s independent, not a shop. Located in DE. I can ask him, if you’d like.

• Thanks 1

Finished up the wiring for my driving lights. 
Installed IE front sway bar

Got my very high quality FAQ shirt! 

image.thumb.jpeg.cfb8ed0bb2fdab7453611bbaaf842916.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ff3332d9ae04cb54a26a01948a864266.jpeg

• Like 6

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

Popped the windshield out in anticipation of the new one arriving this week. Ordered a new lock strip just now as I thought I’d reuse the old one but it was brittle and came out in several pieces. 

IMG_8822.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

Popped the windshield out in anticipation of the new one arriving this week. Ordered a new lock strip just now as I thought I’d reuse the old one but it was brittle and came out in several pieces. 

IMG_8822.jpeg

I've heard (but too late for my replacement) that it's easier if you install the lock-strip BEFORE installing the windshield & gasket on the car.  I had a lot of issues getting my lock-strip in!

• Like 1

S/N 2579886 Inka (Code 022) Birthday 03 Dec 1971 Delivered 13 Dec 1971 to Hoffman Motors 40 DCOE's, 9.5CR, 123 Ignition 

#792890.Smaller.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike G said:

IMG_8822.jpeg

St Paddy’s right there😁

• Haha 3

Threw on some Holley Retrobrites and went on an extended night drive. The headlights are pricey but well worth it (IMO). Way brighter than the 60w bulbs with a wide beam pattern. 

image.thumb.jpeg.31e10e313eba1a0a7cd65e1d6af7bde1.jpeg

• Like 11

'72 Metallic Malaga 2002 with a '73 M10 | Dual Weber DCOE 40s | E21 5spd and LSD | Pertronix II