• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

2 hours ago, bergie33 said:

Ooooohhh, shiiiinnnny.

Another batch of hardware back from the plater.  My door handle mechanisms didn't survive the acid turbulence.  Anyone ever had to put these back together?

20240612_165801.jpg

20240612_165738.jpg

20240612_165734.jpg

20240612_165728.jpg

I think the acid ate the pot metal rivet/studs that anchor the window crank spring.  Good luck making new ibes,

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Inching closer to the headliner install.  Finished sound deadening the roof with 50mil Siless.  A little lighter than the 80mil Kilmat, so hopefully it will stay up there! 😉  I'll finish the foam padding on the remaining pillars tomorrow.

Mark92131

IMG_4283.JPG

IMG_4281.JPG

• Like 9

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Took the carb apart and tossed it all in my brand new ultrasonic cleaner. Tons of junk came out that I couldn’t get with carb cleaner alone. One other thing I noticed was the “rebuild” kit only came with one mounting plate gasket. My car needs 3

You are way ahead of me. When I get my car painted I will have it done with the doors and deck lids off. 

Maybe you are doing this too?

Your car looks great!  Nice and straight 

6 minutes ago, Clem Simmons said:

You are way ahead of me. When I get my car painted I will have it done with the doors and deck lids off. 

Maybe you are doing this too?

Your car looks great!  Nice and straight 

Yes. They will take everything off as that is how they prefer to do it…even though it was all one piece when they did it originally! 

51 minutes ago, Clem Simmons said:

Wow!  What a great looking car. Can’t wait to see finished and on the road. Or, maybe you are building it as a track car?

I think I’ll call it …. The Bomb. 

Thanks! Just a road car. After the amount of time and effort I would cry if I went off track in this lol

its getting a 2.5L S14 with 5-speed

Edited by M3This
  • Like 1