• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Painted my valve cover for probably the 4-5th time. After multiple attempts at masking and spraying that didn’t produce the desired results I’m now doing the raised portions with a paint pen. It’s slow and tedious and my hands shake but another coat or two and it might be presentable. 

IMG_9499.jpeg

• Like 7

The cleaning lady came today, so I had to move my headliner off the floor of my office, so why not hang it in the car.  When I trimmed the first bow loop to expose the bow, I went a touch too deep and nicked the top of the headliner.  I'll need to figure out some kind of repair, to keep it from tearing.  I glued in zip tie anchors on the roof after installing the bows and rotating them into the up position.  What I did not realize is that bows #1 and #5 sit at an angle when stretched, so the anchors weren't exactly above the bow with the headliner installed.  Longer zip ties fixed this issue.  Now I need my helper to start the clip stretch.

Mark92131

IMG_4312.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

Edited by Mark92131
Can't Spell
  • Like 9

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

14 hours ago, Steve A. Caceres said:

Upgraded from bullet to blades (Holy Grail Labs) and installed Scheels using low rise adapter from Aardvarc. A lot more to do, cutting down the list. 

Shooting for The Biggest Little Vintage Fest in Reno! 

20240626_204200.thumb.jpg.86f6d88c00518d6b0f7de09acf5db9e5.jpg20240624_211516.thumb.jpg.b501b31f3ef20a37243e72dc2c58aaa0.jpg

Looks good! How’d you wire up the back of the fuse box?