• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I added a new steering wheel into the rotation.  Took off the 1976 stock wheel i've been running on my '74 and added the new Momo Prototipo 37cm.  It'll get rotated out for one of the other wheels in the rotation eventually, but that's the fun...

I like the 370mm diameter for the big guy like me..  370mm is minimum size for me...  Took a drive.. forgot how much I like the fat grip on the Momo...

Stock76Wheel.jpg

Prototipo370_1.jpg

Prototipo370_2.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 13

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I added a new steering wheel into the rotation.  Took off the 1976 stock wheel i've been running on my '74 and added the new Momo Prototipo 37cm.  It'll get rotated out for one of the other wheels in the rotation eventually, but that's the fun...

I like the 370mm diameter for the big guy like me..  370mm is minimum size for me...  Took a drive.. forgot how much I like the fat grip on the Momo...

Stock76Wheel.jpg

Prototipo370_1.jpg

Prototipo370_2.jpg

I’ve got the same wheel on the Tii. 

Your engine bay is fabulous. My car will be almost identical. I have a way to go but these messages and photos are very inspiring. I hope you have the washer fluid bottle. 

Here is some of what l’ve got. I have other items not included here. 

clem 

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_6337.jpeg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Clem Simmons said:

Your engine bay is fabulous. My car will be almost identical. I have a way to go but these messages and photos are very inspiring. I hope you have the washer fluid bottle. 

clem 

Thank you!  I still have the bottle, but it sits on the shelf, not a huge need for it.  Looks like you're well on your way, those are some shiny headers you've got.  

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

24 minutes ago, Clem Simmons said:

clem 

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_6337.jpeg

jealous of all of these shinny parts. 

Further to the discussion on steering wheels. I searched hard to find an original NOS Alpina wheel but had to settle for this Prototipo MOMO wheel …. 35cm. 

The other photo is of what I believe is a period correct Alpina wheel which were likely made for them by Momo. 

IMG_6992.jpeg

IMG_0929.jpeg

• Like 3

Finished up the work on the diff crossmember panels.

Last final check on the subframe and diff on the fixture table with the help of the laser, panel is nice and centered. Also the height is perfect.

spacer.png

As you can see, the diff is quite off set from the subframe. Diff mounts are also offset from center FYI.

spacer.png

Finished Touring panel with both brackets spotwelded and short stitch welds on the sides.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We also added the exhaust bracket which we removed from the original panel

spacer.png

Quick test fit on the Touring, the crossmember fits nice and snug between both wheel wells.

We used the laser and centered it front to back on the car (center of the front and rear subframe points)

After which we measured the position of the brackets again which are correct.

While the laser was setup this way, we decided to install the plumb bobs into the rear wheel housings which we replaced also and measured both sides  to the laser line and they are equal as well. That's nice to know :) )

spacer.png

Final check with the subframe into the car, subframe slid right into place on the subframe bolts in the front (which is nice to reassure that we replaced those correctly as well)

The holes of the differential mounting brace also lined up perfectly with the holes of the brackets! Succes!

spacer.png

Bolts slid right into place :)

spacer.png

I now have 2 extra Sedan and 1 Touring rear differential cross members available.

If someone is in need of one, let me know!

spacer.png

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Clem Simmons said:

Here is some of what l’ve got.

IMG_1094.jpeg

Clem, you might want better filters for your DCOEs.

Those pancake filters don’t provide enough space in front of the carb mouth for good breathing, and don’t fit stubby stacks under them well (you should always run an airhorn of some length). And unless you want to hone your cylinders as you drive, keep those ‘wide screened’ airhorns for car shows…

Tom

• Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com