• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

12 hours ago, 20db02 said:

Love those so much. Which color combo is that on the mats? 

Thanks!  Black and Silver check over Esty's Salt and Pepper carpet.  

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

Pulled the EFI harness in preparation for my new MS3 Pro Mini🤙🏼 Decided since I was in there painting the engine bay, building a new bottom end and adding a 5th gear that I should clean up the wiring for the chassis and engine. Entire new PDM powered chassis loom with everything mounted in the passenger footwell behind a fabricated adjustable footrest. 

Keep an eye out on the classifieds for the entire working EFI loom and MS3x with a Quadspark and Speedhut AFR. 

image.jpg

IMG_0905.jpeg

• Like 2

Worked way too hard for a Sunday, I changed the starter out in my son Ellis’s golf yellow 2002…

IMG_9886.thumb.jpeg.dee0b5e3c1a27fcc828f9c47adaf1422.jpegIMG_9885.thumb.jpeg.275da530fd46a4bbda3eb1da92c6a136.jpeg

Edited by BarneyT
  • Like 10

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

Autocross!

And I finally beat the 911S that's been putting it to me this season. 🙂

Naw, actually we're buddies. I won today, but he's got three of the four wins when we've raced head-to-head this year. But now my throttle pedal works right! Big change!

UPDATE: Indexed results from the event put me in 31st place out of 149 drivers and first in class by a solid half second. I amuse myself with an "all BMW index" in which I was fourth fastest BMW at the event, behind a track-prepped e36 driven by a father-son team and a really quick Z4 coupe.

However, I did raw time an e92 ///M3, a newer ///M2, a couple other Z4s, and an LS-swapped e30. Frickin' hilarious.

HCSgrid2024.jpg

HCSgrid2024a.jpg

• Like 16

I didn't like the tenting (Picture #1) on the passenger side of my headliner, (driver's side was good), so I measured the edge of the headliner to the body on both side and found there was a 1/4" to 3/8" more material on the passenger side.  So I unclipped all the binder clips and squared it up making both sides even.  I also didn't like how close the #3 bow loop seam was to the "B" pillar (first tensioned the back window originally), so I started tensioning from the front windshield this time (Picture #1 before, Picture #2 after).

The tenting is now great both sides and I have room to make the relief cuts at the top of the "B" pillar without getting near the #3 bow loop seam.  I did some trimming at the "A" and "C" pillars, made some relief cuts at the corners of the windows and the Hofmeister Kink.  Lays really flat now!  Ready for gluing.

I should get this quote from @BarneyT tattooed on my back.  It perfectly describes why I procrastinate doing things on this project,  "Don’t let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen…"

Mark92131

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_4425.JPG

IMG_4427.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

• Like 10

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

11 minutes ago, slowbert said:

Got evacuated tonight due to a fire in northern Colorado. Staying with a sculptor friend downtown Loveland. 

My 2002 sleeps with Jesus tonight.IMG_5062.thumb.jpeg.dfcaadae9a0caff2da8ab951c924c6a1.jpeg

wishing you best of luck with the fires!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eissmann said:

wishing you best of luck with the fires!

Thanks.

Having lived up here for a few years and been through this a couple times, I have immense respect for the fire fighters. 

They really know what they are doing. We are in good hands. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Mike Nance said:

Finishing touches almost done. I got the IE fiberglass bumper fitted using the Bluntech brackets. Wasn’t easy but it’s done. 

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4512.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

What exhaust is that Mike?