• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

4 minutes ago, d.hitchcock said:

I get to DRIVE the 02 today!!!! It's been almost two weeks! Man, I've had serious withdrawal symptoms.

After Solo Nats, I had an attack of sciatica -- a first for me, Yay! -- and I've been virtually incapacitated. But today I'm feeling good enough to do some errands. And I did a "test fit" in the 02 to see how my sore parts work in the seat. That seemed OK.

So ... I'm about to fire her up and head out.

PFA

The Ultimate Therapy Machine

K1beautyshot.jpg

Small victories become bigger with age, inni?

• Like 2

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

1 hour ago, d.hitchcock said:

I get to DRIVE the 02 today!!!! It's been almost two weeks! Man, I've had serious withdrawal symptoms.

After Solo Nats, I had an attack of sciatica -- a first for me, Yay! -- and I've been virtually incapacitated. But today I'm feeling good enough to do some errands. And I did a "test fit" in the 02 to see how my sore parts work in the seat. That seemed OK.

So ... I'm about to fire her up and head out.

PFA

The Ultimate Therapy Machine

K1beautyshot.jpg

Oh no! Sciatica is no joke, a good friend gets Sciatica attacks atleast twice a year that sometimes put him in the emergency room. Be careful how quickly you think you can go back to normal things, one wrong bend or twist and you could be right back in bed.

• Like 2

Thanks guys! I'm trying to be very careful. I start PT soon, and I'm now doing some MD-recommended stretches, which help a lot. So I'm optimistic! I have an autocross Sunday that I may have to cancel out of. But that's OK. The big goal for me is to be ready and able to run the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival, Oct. 12 and 13. That's the highlight of my motorsports year.

Oh, and as an aside, I'm back from my drive now. And driving the car felt fine! Yay!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, d.hitchcock said:

Thanks guys! I'm trying to be very careful. I start PT soon, and I'm now doing some MD-recommended stretches, which help a lot. So I'm optimistic! I have an autocross Sunday that I may have to cancel out of. But that's OK. The big goal for me is to be ready and able to run the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival, Oct. 12 and 13. That's the highlight of my motorsports year.

Oh, and as an aside, I'm back from my drive now. And driving the car felt fine! Yay!

I don't think your PT doctor is going to like the sound of autocross for a new patient. That's a lot of g-forces.

• Like 1