• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

OldRoller is correct.  It is a friction fit; three sharp edges of the ring bite into three plastic tabs.  Find those and force the ring CCW any way you can.  Be sure to make sure the inside of the glass and black face of the gauge are clean as a Safway chittlin' after you secure the glass.  Nothing irritates me more than that inaccessable piece of feral lint behind the glass or on the face...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

OldRoller is correct.  It is a friction fit; three sharp edges of the ring bite into three plastic tabs.  Find those and force the ring CCW any way you can.  Be sure to make sure the inside of the glass and black face of the gauge are clean as a Safway chittlin' after you secure the glass.  Nothing irritates me more than that inaccessable piece of feral lint behind the glass or on the face...

No way, CCW? I’ve been going CW! That would explain it.

Oops, nope, I was going CCW all along. Pre-coffee post. I may skip fully pulling the glass. I was able to get it pretty clean with everything installed. 

Thanks @2002#3 and @OldRoller

Edited by popovm
  • Like 1