• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introducing "PB&J"

fastricky

Welcome  (finally!) to the 02 fraternity/sorority.  Lovely car in one of my favorite colors.  And only 37k miles--that's highly unusual these days--in fact an 02 with less than 100k is not at all common (mine have 224 and 259k).

FYI on the A/C--be advised that regardless of the setup, it's not gonna cool like a modern car, or even like your E30.  But it is better than no A/C at all.  Since the Frigiking unit is all US made, you should be able to find a replacement blower at a shop (or on line) that specializes in auto air conditioning--same with the switches if you end up needing 'em.  I've had to replace the blower switch on my Frigiking at least once and finding a replacement was easy.  

If you're big on details, you might want to remove the paint from the hood latch bar--it's supposed to be just raw galvanized metal, and the nuts that hold the upper strut mount in place are also not painted.  The PO's painter just didn't mask that stuff off.

Plan on Mid America 02 Fest in Arkansas next April (join Andrew, coming down from Maine, drive  to Ohio and caravan with us) and/or to Vintage (Asheville NC) in May.

cheers and welcome

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Man you guys have great eyes, thanks Mike I was planning on removing the paint on the latch bar and I few other places that need mild tweaking. I picked up some extra switches already, even redid the faceplate. One of the events next year sounds like a great time, I'll keep in touch

IMG_2315.JPG