• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

89.47 mm 9.5:1 Pistons, what are people using?

1974_Verona

I will do that. I am now stuck waiting for parts (shocking) once again. I decided to do all the hydraulics while the engine was out, as it will not get ANY easier with the engine in. Of course the pedal box was just a tad dirty, and one thing lead to the next, and now its sand blast the pedal box, epoxy paint, re-bush etc. It never ends with this car (after I swore that THIS TIME Id just "fix it and flog it"). 

My observation in hindsight about that the QSCs is they are reasonably well made, but perhaps not well quality controlled. A few pistons had more skirt taper than the others, but well within spec to use in a street motor in a car like this (no offense intended, I just mean simple, basic, pure and VERY tolerant of slop). Heck, my car ran well, although it smoked on lift throttle. The machine shop told me they only had to "straighten up the bore" to get it to SECOND OVER dims, LOL. Tough old tractors these. 

• 2 years later...