• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: 2002 BMW 330i 5-spd, 85k mi, $8,000

dlhoovler

Price: $8000

Description:

2002 BMW 330i sedan, 5-speed, only 84,600 miles, excellent condition. Black/black leather. Asking $8,000.

IMG_0101_zpsboucazh4.jpg

I purchased the car in 2013 with 47,000 miles. It has been well maintained and is very clean. I’m not aware of any rust; it’s been garaged winters during my ownership (my ’71 2002 gets the garage stall during the summer). Pulls strong and handles well. Everything works as it should. Sensible adult owned and driven.

Sport, premium and cold-weather packages, so:
•    Sport suspension
•    Heated power leather front sport seats with power lumbar on both and memory driver’s seat
•    Harmon/Kardon 10-speaker stereo/CD
•    60/40 folding rear seat with center armrest and pass-through
•    Power sunroof
•    Bixenon headlights with auto-leveling and auto-on setting
•    Automatic climate control, rain-sensing wipers, auto-dim rearview mirror, Homelink universal garage door opener, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, cruise control, etc.

IMG_0106_zpsh7v75vte.jpg
IMG_0079_zpsnmdjapyo.jpg
IMG_0157_zpsjgomf3cd.jpg

Maintenance and upgrades include:
•    Oil changes every 5,000-7,500 miles (I recently switched to the shorter interval, but the immediate previous owner said he followed 7,500) with either OEM BMW Castrol or Mobil 1 0w40 European Formula
•    Koni FSD shocks and struts installed at 52k miles with original sport package springs, new strut/shock mounts and front reinforcement plates
•    Bavarian Autosport 27/23mm sway bars installed in July with new rear end links; front end links are about a year old and are quiet
•    Meyle HD front control arms and control arm bushings
•    Running E36 M3 Double-Spoke II wheels in the stock sizes (17x7.5/17x8.5) with Hankook Ventus Evo summer tires; wheels were blasted and powdercoated silver in 2015 and Plasti-dipped with multi-coat dark gray/silver pearl/gloss clear for a different look this year; the dip is in good shape but will peel off easily
•    16” Sport Edition A7 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55-16 General Altimax Arctic winter tires could go with car depending on price; these are among the few 16” wheels that fit over 330i brakes
•    Rear muffler replaced with a Dynaflow by previous owner—throaty exhaust sound without being at all obnoxious
•    NGK spark plugs installed at 56k miles
•    Water pump and thermostat replaced at 56k miles with BMW coolant; 1.4-bar expansion tank cap to reduce stress on cooling system components
•    Fuel filter replaced at 59k miles
•    Secondary air pump and pre-cat oxygen sensors replaced at 51k and 77k miles, respectively
•    New battery last fall
•    Redline fluids in transmission and differential
•    Brake fluid flushed annually; power steering fluid replaced at 59k miles
•    Clutch delay valve has been removed
•    Parrot Bluetooth module for hands-free phone use with steering wheel control integration
•    PA Soft software used to shorten service reminder interval to match 5,000-mile timeframe, reduce temperature gauge “buffer” zone, adjust speedometer to be dead accurate, activate windows and sunroof open/close feature from the key fob and a few other minor tweaks
•    “GM5” module repaired and both key fob batteries replaced by bmwgm5.com
•    HVAC blower resistor replaced
•    Interior has been upgraded to the ZHP package look with Black Cube trim, ZHP-style shift knob and custom-fit smooth/perforated leather wrap for the steering wheel
•    A-, B- and C-pillar covers cleanly rewrapped with black fabric; headliner is still in great shape
•    Sunroof shade clips replaced; shade and sunroof operate smoothly
•    Both front window regulators have been replaced
•    Clear front corner lights, red/clear/red tail lights, smoked side marker lights
•    “Angel eye” LED running lights
•    Driver’s and passenger’s airbag recalls performed

IMG_0136_zpso0mblgfd.jpg
IMG_0138_zpsgyx6hcfc.jpg
IMG_0133_zpsoqmfix3o.jpg
IMG_0142_zpsuthn2llg.jpg
IMG_0134_zpszqqyskqq.jpg
IMG_0146_zpsqrfb6s71.jpg

Needs/Minor Problems:
•    The valve cover gasket is leaking slightly; I have a new gasket kit and VANOS seals kit that I was planning to do at the next oil change—they will go with the car
•    The engine consumes about 1 quart of oil every 5,000 miles, which is typical for M54 engines and is usually just in time for a 5k oil change interval; it seems to use less on the Mobil 1 oil than BMW/Castrol
•    Front summer tires are probably on their last season, although the rears (replaced a year later) have a bit more life in them. Winter tires have at least 1-2 more seasons on them
•    Typical scratches on the soft-touch surfaces on the center console—an easy fix with a Scotch-brite pad, some Plasti-dip and a little time
•    Rear windows are tinted, but a few bubbles are just starting to appear in the tint on the doors
•    Expected paint wear for a daily driver: some sandblasting/chips on the nose and a few minor dings and scratches. Still cleans up nicely and gets compliments—most flaws are not noticeable from a few feet back

IMG_0110_zpsewinnrk8.jpg
IMG_0112_zps4zyfvkaa.jpg
IMG_0176_zpsxzp0hiyr.jpg

Most of the stock parts that were upgraded and many new replacement parts go with the car. A few more photos (including some older ones) are available at http://s77.photobucket.com/user/dlhoovler/library/2002%20BMW%20330i

The car has been very good to me and is fun to drive. No complaints. Selling only because I had a chance to finally buy a brand new car. I’m located on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio.

PM me via the board, email dlhoovler at hotmail or call/text 724-841-1568.

IMG_0172_zpsxphapyve.jpg

Edited by dlhoovler

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Someone asked for photos of the underside. I took a few, plus the area in the rear quarter panel where these frequently start to rust, to show how clean it is underneath. They're in my Photobucket album.

-David

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler