• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 channel radio for 76

Joesprocket

Hey there - I'd like to buy a 2 channel radio for my 76. I need two channels because I have front and rear speakers. Ideal package would be to have an auxiliary wire for a iPod/iPhone.

My interior is bone stock so I'd be looking for something period correct. Preference would be for Blaupunkt. Thanks for responding with what you have available. 

Series 1, 1969 2002

Instagram: joseiden_bmwerke

Your question suggests you are probably not an audiophile.  And neither am I.

You can: (1.) generally run 4 speakers from a single monaural (non-stereo) radio.  Just wire them up in parallel; (2.) insert a fader (balances front versus rear) and hook up the speakers in front pairs and rear pairs.  This can be done with a monaural or a stereo radio, but a stereo fader is different from a monaural fader, as a stereo fader maintains the left-right separation of the stereo's outputs; (3.) you can buy a stereo, which has, in effect, a left channel and a right channel, and you can use it with or without a fader. or (4.) you can probably do a whole host of things. Transistorized Blaupunkts and Beckers, which begin in the early 1970's, generally have DIN outlets on the reverse, where you can plug in an iPhone, or the like.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

Your question suggests you are probably not an audiophile.  And neither am I.

You can: (1.) generally run 4 speakers from a single monaural (non-stereo) radio.  Just wire them up in parallel; (2.) insert a fader (balances front versus rear) and hook up the speakers in front pairs and rear pairs.

Regards,

Steve

Steve's right ... though, depending on the impedance of the speakers themselves, the amplifier in your radio may not like the resultant load. (I used to know the specifics, but it's been a couple of decades since I worked in the car stereo business. -KB

Edited by kbmb02
typo

Still lookin! Doesn't have to be period correct. Open to 80s models but does need to support 4 speakers! Thanks for o

15 hours ago, esty said:

if you can give me a few days to dig around, i have at least a few period correct units...it's best if you email me though or i may not remember this thread

Just pm'd you esty! Thx

Series 1, 1969 2002

Instagram: joseiden_bmwerke

You want analog? And just-about period correct?

How about this Jet Sound Electronics JS-9354 AM/FM with cassette. It's new in box, all wiring, knobs, instructions and packaging present (even a sales receipt and warranty card). Research suggests 1982 - 1983 - go ahead, make a tape of Billboard's hits from that year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1982

It's a 2 channel unit per your WTB title, consult experts for adding 2 more.

Send a PM if you're interested. -KB

IMG_3969.thumb.JPG.112249e0f1c30c01f23b43cd33708c2f.JPG