• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Box Rebuild - Rivets

rapandi

35 minutes ago, rapandi said:

You are right. I should have painted it. I did think of it today whilst putting the box together. To be honest I just got lazy. I hope the core and the fan don't die on me until I sell the car decades from now or when my kids inherit it.

The heater core is made of brass and doesn't see any weather to speak of. The problem is corrosion from within due to a lack of antifreeze/ corrosion inhibitors. I assume you got it hot tanked and pressure tested, if so it should be fine. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

8 minutes ago, Simeon said:

The heater core is made of brass and doesn't see any weather to speak of. The problem is corrosion from within due to a lack of antifreeze/ corrosion inhibitors. I assume you got it hot tanked and pressure tested, if so it should be fine. 

I'm pretty sure the core itself it from steel?

10 hours ago, Simeon said:

Yeah I took it to a radiator shop to get it boiled out and pressure tested

Raj

1972 BMW 2002 Tii - Golf Yellow