• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76' Fjord - $16,500

silasmoon

Price: $16500

Description:

Hey Everyone! 

Unfortunately due to moving and finances I must part ways with my 2002 - I have over $35,000 in it and a million dollars worth of memories. My hope is that someone else on these forums will drive it as much as I did and love it every bit as much. I have a strong preference to selling it someone on the forum, so hit me up. I can go on and on about every last thing I have done to it. Engine was just rebuilt, new everything, just needs someone to take it apart - paint it - and love it a bit more than I ever could. I will add more photos beyond the instagram ones for folks, but if you want to come to the Bay Area sometime in the next few weeks to check it out - hit me up. I have full records of all the work done and most of the records up to the early 90's. I have the owners manuals, jack and most of the tool roll. I have driven this almost car every day I have owned it, completed rallies with it, and wouldn't hesitate to drive it across California and beyond. I put all my money into the mechanicals and very little into the appearance. I wanted to get the 2002 experience, and after this last rally I would like to end on a high note. 

So - about the car to name a few things:

• Engine rebuild with 4,000 miles on it - 9.5:1 pistons, E121 head, 292, 123 Distributor, New 38/38 Weber making probably 130 - 140 hp
  • Guibo, Tie RodsCenter RodCenter Support Bearing, Oil Pan Seal, Final Drive SealMotor MountsTransmission Mounts, inner and outer wishbone bushings replaced
  • Rebuild Shifter rubber (blocks and support arm bushings)
  • Ball Joints and Bushings
  • Wheel bearings
  • Pitman arm
  • Radiator triple core
  • 320i 90 amp AlternatorNew Bosch Starter, New flamethrower coil, New Battery & cables
  • New moonroof seal
  • Delete ACDelete smog
  • HD Shocks / Bilsteins, Sway Bars
  • New Ireland exhaust
  • New brake rotors, calipers, pads and brake shoes, brake booster, master cylinder, emergency cable, stainless steel brake lines
  • Newly rebuilt Limited Slip Differential
  • New Pirelli Cinturato tires 
  • All electronics other than the rear defroster work / Heater works / Wipers work

Anti-Concourse Points

• The car had a repaint in the original Fjord probably 10+ years ago and it needs new paint
  • Minor surface rust with a bubble here and there, but it is a California car and all shock towers, frame rails, etc. are perfectly solid. 
  • The interior was redone awhile back and the driver and passenger seat could use new covers. 
  • Dash is cracked in a few places
  • The windshield has some rock chips in it, but I have all the seals to swap it out. 

Will post more pictures soon!
    Trying to adjust to proper market value based on BaT auctions, Hagerty and what is listed here. I mostly want it to go to a good home. 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/6303860535.html

IMG_20170912_230601_165.jpg

Edited by silasmoon

Hey @conkitchen - it's true, some potential buyers may be put off, but there are smog free counties in California. I have mine registered to a home in one. You can navigate smog here, and I am more than happy to share the info with any potential buyers. It's also common for people from Nevada and the surrounding area to scoop up 76's. 

Better pictures incoming though - work has just been brutal.