• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing link REPAIR manual

conkitchen

SO I was under the impression the definitive book(s) to have was the factory blue part A & B manuals. However I have come into possession of yet another volume produced by the factory which is for repairing and not designated as "assembly". 

It appears to me that this manual was intended to provide insights and "best practice" methods to dealers on how to fix commonly encountered issues at the dealer level. I.E. the section on head removal and refinishing points out the the upper timing cover needs to be milled to within spec of the head. A commonly known thing, but not aimed at new assembly practices.  

Attached are some examples of the pages. I particularly like how much more detailed the pictures go and the chassis datum sheet. Notice the page outlining where to cut the body panels for removal. 

IMG_4958.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4961.JPG

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 1

But what do I know