• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new scruffy 1602

ratty1602

Leaks? Everything. More 'seepage' than leak, the oil pan is covered in crud. Nothing leaking enough to warranty concern yet, but I haven't really been driving it.  

As to the clutch, actually this is the 1600 early mechanical clutch linkage, no air in the lines because there are no lines. There is a spring near the clutch fork that I have to see whether it is still there, it may aid in the return of the pedal. I intend to source a pedal box rebuild kit locally along with a bunch of other goodies and tackle the whole box rebuild. I think everything is just very very tired. 

Rust has perforated the left rear outer rocker panel, the right lower door edge, and the rear tow hook wants to depart as well. Perfect time to learn welding!

Ahh ok. Not familiar with the older cars :) sounds and looks like an awesome project. I really wanna find something along these lines to that's begging to hide a freshly painted frame and a gem of a drivetrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk