• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rather Nice 1967 ti

2002#3

A rather nice ti for sale.  Not too shabby.

~64,000 BPS / ~86,000 USD

"1967 Alpina BMW 1600-2. 1 of 2 pre 1968 right hand drives ever. Extremely rare."

source:  BMW Car Club GB, Ltd.

http://www.anym.co.uk/classified/816c9-1967-alpina-bmw-1600-2-1-of-2-pre-1968-right-hand-drives-ever-extremely-rare?utm_source=MEMBERS&utm_campaign=8ccde73177-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_09_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cbc0892537-8ccde73177-287604713

dda21c29a848ab8ccc30528d48055e7e68c76d9c.jpg.8b8d3d3efc493869ec90c50b372e0af9.jpg

• Like 3

Gorgeous, but where are the Alpina parts? IMO you can't run front and rear Alpina badges/logos AND call it an "Alpina" if the springs are the only Alpina part... Regardless, a RHD colorado 1600ti is something else!  :wub:

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

It's GBP by the way. Had to think what you meant by BPS. 

Conventional wisdom was was that there we NO ti variants made in RHD. Very interesting. Surely a bargain then compared to US pricing of 'just' tii and s14 cars. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

15 minutes ago, Simeon said:

It's GBP by the way. Had to think what you meant by BPS. 

Conventional wisdom was was that there we NO ti variants made in RHD. Very interesting. Surely a bargain then compared to US pricing of 'just' tii and s14 cars. 

I have a lot of 1602/2002 info, but, other than quotes like the above ad, nothing from BMW that shows 4 RHD 1600ti s. I wonder if they were done in the UK like the two known RHD Turbos?

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

11 minutes ago, 02Les said:

I have a lot of 1602/2002 info, but, other than quotes like the above ad, nothing from BMW that shows 4 RHD 1600ti s. I wonder if they were done in the UK like the two known RHD Turbos?

The BMW 02 Profile book only shows 1600ti chassis numbers:

1580001 to 1588670.   No asterisk denoting LHD versus RHD.   Assume All were LHD.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

20 hours ago, 02Les said:

Let's slow things down.  Does the ad even claim this is a ti? I keep reading the link and I'm not seeing any mention that it is a 1600ti.

Second, Colorado hadn't been publicly introduced in 1967. It was introduced, however, as a ti-only color, although common thought is that it appeared with the 2002ti, which was late 1968.  It seems to first appear in the November 1968 global color and upholstery brochure.  What DOES that BMW Archives report for this car actually say about its color?

Third, forget the radiator support snorkel -- many (most?) nosepieces have been replaced by now.  But no brackets for the air box?  Where would the air box even sit?  It's got a too-high battery tray for a ti!  What about this car is ti?  The front brakes were brought up to "tii equipment" by adding ventilated discs!  Hmm...I must have missed that ventilated disc brake feature on tii's.  I don't believe there is anything bona fide "ti" here, except for the badges.  Likewise, I don't believe there is anything bona fide "Alpina" here, except for the badges.  And if the seller isn't actually claiming it's a 1600ti, all the better!

Badges do not make a ti.  A VIN denotes a ti.  What is the VIN?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

5 hours ago, Conserv said:

And Colorado hadn't been publicly introduced in 1967.  It was, however, introduced as a ti-only color, although common thought is that it appeared with the 2002ti, which was late 1968.  What DOES that BMW Archives report say?

Forget the radiator support snorkel -- many (most) nosepieces have been replaced by now.  But no brackets for the air box?  Where would the air box even sit?  It's got a too-high battery tray!

Regards,

Steve

I wondered about the air filter though I believe that when people have converted RHD cars to twin 40s that they could use the filter housing from the 2000CS which has a straight shot for each throat rather than the various angles the LHD ti has. 

As as a result the airbox  would sit further back over where the LHD has brake pivot, booster and MC. 

Edited by Simeon

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

13 hours ago, Conserv said:

Let's slow things down.  Does the ad even claim this is a ti? I keep reading the link and I'm not seeing any mention that it is a 1600ti.

Regards,

Steve

Good point. The car doesn't really have the attributes of either an Alpina or 1600ti.

Really need the VIN.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

13 hours ago, Conserv said:

Second, Colorado hadn't been publicly introduced in 1967. It was introduced, however, as a ti-only color, although common thought is that it appeared with the 2002ti, which was late 1968.  What DOES that BMW Archives report for this car actually say about its color?

Third, forget the radiator support snorkel -- many (most) nosepieces have been replaced by now.  But no brackets for the air box?  Where would the air box even sit?  It's got a too-high battery tray for a ti!  What about this car is ti?  The front brakes were brought up to "tii equipment" by adding ventilated discs!  Hmm...I must have missed that ventilated disc brake feature on tii's.  I don't believe there is anything bona fide "ti" here, except for the badges.  Likewise, I don't believe there is anything bona fide "Alpina" here, except for the badges.  And if the seller isn't actually claiming it's a 1600ti, all the better!

Badges do not make a ti.  A VIN denotes a ti.  What is the VIN?

Regards,

Steve

26 minutes ago, 02Les said:

Good point. The car doesn't really have the attributes of either an Alpina or 1600ti.

Really need the VIN.

Here is what the seller says regarding the VIN :)

IMG_6333.PNG.60ff12dc949bf958fcc96f19e50aae44.PNG

• Like 1