• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rather Nice 1967 ti

2002#3

It's a lovely car, but it's a reshelled '67, not a factory ti nor an alpina and not in the original colour. If the UK BMW importers made 4 ti replicas and there's paperwork to back this up, then there's obviously some value there, but for me the wrong shell negates any of this history as the most important part of the car is gone. 

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Now that I can view the pics on my pc..

Curious about the following on this car:

Black plug installed near the front mount of the driver's seat (RH).  Normally I would associate a hole there for the "later" seat release knob.  Wonder what it was meant for?

Fuel filler rubber boot has the metal trim plate slipped over the neck.  Thought that was introduced when the short filler neck style tank and revised quarter panel opening were added.  My 69 only has a round flange inside the trunk for the longer rubber boot to attach to (with a hose clamp).  Were 1600's different?

Jim (always learning)

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Jim,

Re: the tank filler neck. They are doing the same as I am (incorrectly) doing. Using an early rubber neck with the tank and body side fittings for the later neck. The early rubber neck fits over the tank filler with a bit of wriggling and seals by being pulled against the body by the ring with the small screws. It does work but probably shouldn't. 

I have done this because of a genuine error from someone doing me a favour. I ended up with an early rather than late filler neck. Since I needed my car and my original was split, I tried it and left it in place but really should swap it out. Certainly not the kind of thing you would expect to see on a megabuck restoration. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

On 9/20/2017 at 10:11 AM, NickVyse said:

It's a lovely car, but it's a reshelled '67, not a factory ti nor an alpina and not in the original colour. If the UK BMW importers made 4 ti replicas and there's paperwork to back this up, then there's obviously some value there, but for me the wrong shell negates any of this history as the most important part of the car is gone. 

Jenky....not a ti not an AlpinA....I was going to refrain from saying anything but here I go.  When folks do things like this they are either not so smart OR dishonest.  If not so smart, do a better job of educating yourself, the info is out there and easily obtainable.  No comment on the dishonest, there out there and a dime a dozen.  On the AlpinA side, if you are going to say "its an AlpinA" you better (should) have the paperwork to back it up, otherwise, say its a bla, bla, bla with some Alpina parts and those are bla, bla, bla.  Its a lot to ask.

Edited by markmac

More likely a combination of both not so smart and dishonest. Maybe they know it's not an Alpina but are not aware that's it's not a true ti or that Colorado was not availbable in 67. OR it's cold calculated attempt to cash in on the hot 'ti market

Seller is hoping someone 'not so smart' will bite on the deal. 

Let's hunt him down and do a 'John Bobbit' on his ****

Edited by iinca