• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which vintage car to compliment your '02?

fastricky

Doug,

I love your rod. I would really like to build something simple like that with some old world charm. Flat head V8 or even a straight 4 or 6. Steel wheels. 

Perfect (for a non 02). 

Simeon

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

BeMyway that's a really nice Ghia! I love that colorado orange on that car. I know they're VW based cars but I love the way those drive compared to bugs! The lower center of gravity makes a huge difference imho..

The 1776 motor is perfect too. Plenty of torque. My buddy has the same year painted in a Nevada like color..same motor and it moves out pretty good. Did I mention chicks dig them too?

On 9/23/2017 at 10:25 AM, iinca said:

BeMyway that's a really nice Ghia! I love that colorado orange on that car. I know they're VW based cars but I love the way those drive compared to bugs! The lower center of gravity makes a huge difference imho..

The 1776 motor is perfect too. Plenty of torque. My buddy has the same year painted in a Nevada like color..same motor and it moves out pretty good. Did I mention chicks dig them too?

Thanks "iinca"...most people know it as the "orange car", but don't know the manufacturer.  I refreshed all the bushing and drives much better and it is quieter.

Also, I leave that chick thing to my boys...wifey no like :P

On 9/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, jgerock said:

Sweet Ghia.  Anyone trip over the stinger lately?

Yeah, that was an issue for awhile....had to tip-e-toe around that sucker when we first put it on...now we are use to it and give it respect, especially when it is hot. 

Also, it makes you use a lot of gas because you like to hear it roar and then backfire...then repeat the process again.

Thanks!

Edited by BeMyWay
  • Like 1

Light is seriously underrated.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:56 AM, 7502 said:

My other daily driver. In 2000 I puled the original 1200 cc and build a brand new balanced 1600 cc. This weekend I will R&R the front brake drums, been turned once but still out of round.

My first impression after driving my '75 2002 was wow this is luxurious! I have low standards.

DSC_3708.JPG

Nice Ghia...Love the color!

Light is seriously underrated.

1 hour ago, BeMyWay said:

Nice Ghia...Love the color!

Thanks, it's the original color resprayed about 15 yrs ago, goes good w/ the red interior. Car is a '63, color is called
Antracite/Anthrazit code L469. Unfortunately, it's starting to chow it's age and some rust is developing.  Just like me.

Edited by 7502