• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fasteners for Roundie trim piece between taillights

echappe

In a pinch, you can use the "046" T bolts that hold the lower rubber/chrome trim on the doors/fenders (on 72-76 cars.) These use the plastic acorn nuts. See link with part numbers below. 

In my original 1970s parts books (and even the Mobile Tradition reprints from the 2000s,) I am unable to find a part number for the originals. Odd. All they list are the plastic clips that fit only later (74-76) cars. Hrmph! The advantage of the "correct" clips, is that they lock in position better and take considerably less fiddling, than the 046 ones I suggested. 

And yet RealOEM shows them!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=2233-USA-06-1974-114-BMW-2002tii&diagId=51_3379

Items #5 and #6 from this illustration are the T bolts for the lower black/silver side trim. They'll work, if the "updated" type (see number below) doesn't fit. 

Part number for the correct rear panel trim clip(s) - at least according to realoem  is: 51 13 6 440 145 but the photo shows something different from the original clips that came on the car anyway. Who knows what BMW would actually send you?

Hope this helps, instead of increasing confusion!

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

15 minutes ago, bimmerdotcom said:

Hi Ernest,

I believe those are p# 

51136440145 $6.00 a piece

Let me know

Saul

Hey Saul!

Do you have a photo of this part number to compare with the original one fitted to the car originally? The one photograph of it on realoem shows a very different clip than the original.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com