• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

driver seat horse hair

Daver

18 hours ago, BLUNT said:

Looks like we sold you that one. We have the other side if needed

Steve,

The photo above is borrowed: it shows one of my horsehair pads, for my '73 -- now installed!

Best regards,

Steve C.

IMG_4618.JPG

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

10 hours ago, Gr8WhtHype said:

Anybody give me an idea of the longevity of the horsehair seat cushions? Have a '76 with originals and there's nothing left. Looking for a good replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quality of the original horsehair pads declined dramatically over the production era of the ‘02.  Hence, original 1975-76 pads are far more likely to be dust by now than, say 1969-70 pads.

The replacement pads I’ve seen and used — including some World Upholstery pads I installed in my ‘76 in 1997 and BMW OEM pads I installed in my ‘76’s and my ‘73’s spare seats in 2016 — appear to be more “plasticized” than the original horsehair pads, which I believe is a good thing.  The now-20-year-old pads in the ‘76’s original seats show no signs of crumbling.  I’m guessing the replacement pads will easily outlast the originals used in 1975-76, so I’d guess 30-plus years.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

20 hours ago, Gr8WhtHype said:

Anybody give me an idea of the longevity of the horsehair seat cushions? Have a '76 with originals and there's nothing left. Looking for a good replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the OEM ones for $390 a piece (the front lower ones)

regards,

Saul