• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally back on the road!

EPK

15 hours ago, jmel02 said:

Hey All, I realize this is a 3-4 year old post, I bought a SpeedHut speedo, cause my speedo, failed, then came to life, and then went backwards, and promptly broke the speedo needle off!

My question is on install help!!

It looks like EPK’s install is behind the factory gage cluster, (Beautiful install!) My  car is a 74, w/ the same wood grain background.

the Bezel is too large to spin on from behind, so How did you secure the speedo into the Cluster??

Thanks! Jeff

Jeff,

I'm sorry that I didn't see his sooner.  The replies are mostly correct. I installed it from behind but the bezel ring is on top.  I made just enough clearance for it to fit through as I recall.  It's very secure with no play at all.  I did this as I didn't want to modify the cluster itself. Until now, no one has ever noticed!  

I hope that helps.  If you need more pics or info, contact me. I have lots of time as I'm recovering from shoulder surgery ironically. This time it was a Labral tear.   It's not going anywhere until I can shift again.

Erik

EPK, I’m sorry to hear about your surgery, Get Well soon!!

I love this group, everyone has responded!!

I have just glued the speedo in as 

Jeff did, and am reassembling the rest of the cluster now.

Thanks Again to All who helped, and Responded!!

Jeff

74 tii

70 2800CS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmel02 said:

EPK, I’m sorry to hear about your surgery, Get Well soon!!

I love this group, everyone has responded!!

I have just glued the speedo in as 

Jeff did, and am reassembling the rest of the cluster now.

Thanks Again to All who helped, and Responded!!

Jeff

74 tii

70 2800CS

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm glad you got it sorted. They really are a nice addition for something that you use constantly while driving these old beauties.