• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would it be alright to ask for a round of applause for our Mr. Steve K.?

robspeed

All the above, plus:

wohoo.jpg

-Thanks for the Herculean effort, Steve!

-Bob

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...

Simply, I would not have been able to start  my  project much less complete it without this forum.  The wealth of knowledge  and more over the willingness of all that follow to share it is truly remarkable.

So Steve and others.....Thank you!

Mike

Thank you very much Steve! We should also be proud of the polite, respectful atmosphere that prevails on the FAQ. We certainly hear complaints about other forums that have problems with people flaming each other and generally acting foolish. We are in this 'affliction' for the fun of it. I am glad that people using the FAQ try to keep it that way: fun.

Dieter2012@Vintage.jpg

Edited by Jim_75Sahara
  • Like 2

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

A day without the FAQ is a day without sunshine (to steal an ad's tagline)--and we get enough grey days here in Ohio.  

After 48 plus years of '02 ownership, hardly a day goes by without my learning something new about our favorite car.  

The day Steve started the FAQ was the day I bailed out of Roadfly....

cheers and kudos

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

By far an away the best 2002 forum, content, layout and design!
Thanks Steve for all of your tireless work helping everyone here learn and enjoy their cars more than before : )
Bryce
  • Like 1

Enthusiast since 1973 : )  --  Helping other '02 friends for 5.5 years  --  Rebuilding '72  --  Shipping 5+ Orders @ week. 

Thanks Steve, for creating and curating this incredible '02 resource!  And many thanks to all of the learned contributors who guide us on our '02 ownership journey!

• Like 1

1972 BMW Inka 2002Tii  ?

1974 BMW Turkis 3.0 CSi ?

1972 MBZ Weiss 280SE 4.5 

2006 BMW Cobalt 530i (38,700 m original)

thank you Steve for making this the center of the 2002 universe :D

• Like 1

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

In all sincerity,

the hard work, authenticity and dedication that Steve, who is a priest at the church of vintage BMW high-performance, provides is of incredible value.

How many of us would take on a second job, while still dealing with the significant time requirements of our first job, our family, and our 2002 habit?

It was said that "understanding is a kind of ecstasy," by the astronomer Carl Sagan. Steve has brought a kind of ecstasy and great comfort to all of us who love working on and driving classic BMWs by midwifing a Gestalt amalgamation of our knowledge, DSCN1142.thumb.JPG.caafa9d99a0bd28eeefe7ee80ac1c453.JPGproviding all of us with a growing knowledge base and understanding of this classic vehicle.

Steve deserves many heartfelt thanks not only for nurturing each and  everyone of us, but in truly building a sense of community.

Best regards to a kindred spirit, Peter

PS, I have a BMW shrine in my kitchen, if you ever visit back this way, please stop by, drive an old machinery (the tisa) and enjoy some good hospitality.

• Like 3

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum