• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would it be alright to ask for a round of applause for our Mr. Steve K.?

robspeed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thank you very much for the kind words.  It is the people that makes owning a 2002 so much fun. I built and maintain the playground, you guys bring all the toys. The people I have met along the way have been amazing. I might not remember all of your names (I am really sorry about that), but I have made some great friends over the 16 years of 2002 ownership.  And I hope all of your did the same.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

I am a member and occasional contributor to many boards on many different topics, auto-related and not.  To me, the most amazing thing about this site is the collective knowledge and willingness to share it.  Many, many other sites have contributors who really shouldn't be contributing.  Here, everybody has a pretty good idea what they have (i.e. a 35-45 year old car.) that it is going to take a little work to restore it or keep it on the road, and that there is no dealer network that will happily repair it.  We all have cars we love and nearly all of us aren't afraid to climb into it, onto it, under it or wherever to deal with and resolve whatever ailment the car may have.  Where else will you find a group as like-minded as that?  

So thank you, Sir Steve, for putting this site on the map and for giving this group a good reason to bypass those other BMW sites where half of the responses to questions are "is it still under warranty?"   

Sincerely, 

Scott

• Like 1

Current: '74 2002,75 2002, 88 E28 M5(2), 92 E34 M5, 02 E39 M5, 01 E39T M5, 08 E93 328i, 08 E61 535i, 09 E93 335i, 09 E91 328ix, 12 E70 3.5i  '67 Alfa Romeo Spider; '69 Alfa Romeo Spider, '08 Dodge 1500 SLT. Past BMWs: '74 2002tii, '74 2002, '76 E12 530i, '78 E12 528i, '85 E28 535is, '93 E34 528iT, '94 E34 528i, '99 E36 328ic (2) '99 E39 528iT, '03 E46 330i convt., '07 E90 328i

Steve... if my 02 is therapy,  you are my doctor.  Thank you so much for your effort, you have no idea that you have enabled so much love in the world by hosting this site. The positive impact on peoples lives I am sure cannot be measured. 

Thanks Much 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

yes! Great site....and as I am also an Alfa owner....I will say this site is a more active and helpful site that alfabb is. Not that I dont appreciate alfabb...but its just just doesnt have the aire of community and support that the FAQ does.

Edited by arminyack