• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Auction - '69 2002 Auto

02Les

What's really interesting is that it's already being resold this car was at a dealers auction recently in Fremont Ca. It's a small world and everybody's jumping on the Bmw classic wagon.

Let's keep tally of how many places resell it. Tally #1

Edgar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1975 Fjord Anzito- SOLD

1967 Sahara 1600

Car looks pretty original, except the exterior color (looks like a very pale green) and the tobacco interior don't go together.  

It's the 163rd US spec automatic off the assembly line, probably built in April or May as automatic production began when most of the '69 model year was over (there were no '68 automatics, at least for the US market)

Definitely worth saving.  Damage doesn't look that bad; I'm surprised it was totalled.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

15 hours ago, mike said:

Car looks pretty original, except the exterior color (looks like a very pale green) and the tobacco interior don't go together.

I would say this is an original Florida paint car with the correct interior.  I had a 71 Manual with the exact same color combination.

Mark92131

82_3.jpg

DSCF0009.JPG

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

6 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

I would say this is an original Florida paint car with the correct interior.  I had a 71 Manual with the exact same color combination.

Mark92131

82_3.jpg

DSCF0009.JPG

+1

I’m with Mark on this being a Florida/Tobacco original combo.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Too bad the car got hit, certainly fixable.  Got to wonder how many 02s are left.  Between this car and the flooded one in Texas, that’s two potentially gone....not to mention the countless rust casualties.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Too bad the car got hit, certainly fixable.  Got to wonder how many 02s are left.  Between this car and the flooded one in Texas, that’s two potentially gone....not to mention the countless rust casualties.

15 2002's on CL between Portland and Seattle. Some have been on there for quite a while. 

Seems just the really choice ones disappearing into high dollar collections.