• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has Lobro CV kits....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

....besides Maximillian. Don't get me wrong. This isn't a complaint against Max, Paul, or anyone. It's that the cv seals are hard to come by and Max doesn't have any right now. Who else might stock such an item?TIA

Guest Anonymous

...I'm told they don't have the can tops/seals that hold in the grease even AT that price. Why on earth anyone would supply a cv kit w/o those is mystifying and driving me nuts. How the hell is someone supposed to redo a rear end properly w/o those?! As if the driveshaft and shift platform ordeals aren't enough-now this. I think I'm just gonna buy a Nova.

Guest Anonymous

The kit should contain some nasty high-lead grease, a boot and a couple hose clamps. There isn't any seal. Did you trash the metal end cover(s)??

Regards,

John N.

Guest Anonymous

they look like the top of a tin can. It's referred to as a "sealing cover" in the Haynes manual.(p.122)Lobro used to include those in the kit because they easily deform upon removal. Not thinking I had to baby them off because they were previously available, I did, indeed, trash mine. Now I'm stuck with one Lobro kit that came w/the cover and three with out(nla). I have nothing to cover my cv joints with now. Any help in remedying this would be greatly appreciated.-Bob