• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insanely nice '74 2002 on BAT

Hodgepodge

1 hour ago, Hodgepodge said:

Well...  I think maybe we are all forgetting that the car DID bring several offers over $35k.  $35k for a mostly stock 2002 is pretty impressive.  It doesn't matter if the car has wide appeal or not as long as one person is willing to pay the seller's price for it.  The real trick for these (I think) professional restorer/resellers, of course, is how to sell a BMW for $35k without necessarily putting more than that into it.  That is apparently something this seller was not able to do.  Several of the choices this seller made during the restoration took the cost well over $35k.    I will probably have nearly that much in my 2002 by the time I'm done with it and hopefully will make better choices.   It would be nice to break even when I get around to selling it but that's why restoring cars is one of my hobbies and not my profession.   :-)   

Take care,

Scott

True, Scott!

And 3 years ago I’d bet this car would have had a tough time reaching $20K. ?

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

attention to factory correct detail is now a real commodity

like perfect original seats with the original materials. A clean set of 

those is impressive.

Flawless dash...NOS condition door panels....Virgin headliner...perfect freshly chromed bumpers, mint  lights/signals/excellent trim, fresh stock mechanicals....Show quality paint... I'd want it to look like it just rolled off the showroom.

I'm actually more in shock that this car brought 35k than the 93k the Baikal' went for. The Baikal' was on that level of OMG this car is perfect (and a round tail tii)

First time I saw that car was like when Bo Derek posed naked in Playboy....Blew me away instantly

Edited by iinca