• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's ALIVE!!! First impressions after FINALLY getting the '6

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

It's looking good - who's gonna paint it? I've finally got fuel (ended up putting a stock tank back in) and was on the verge of starting mine last night. The oil light wouldn't go out so I stopped short of letting it roar. Hope to be putting on the finishing touches this weekend.

When ya stopping by?

Guest Anonymous

Let me just first say I have owned this car for about 2 years. During that time I maybe have driven it 300 miles (all within the first 2 months of ownership).

Having said that I got behind the wheel for a short drive last night. It was a sunny day in Seattle so I decided to take advantage.

The short list of what's been done to date (I'm sure I am missing some stuff):

Gutted interior

Stripped old paint

Painted interior

New wheels/tires - 325is BBS rims w/ Bridgestone Protenza RE71 (195/55)

H&R Springs

Bilstein Sports

Addco 25mm front/22mm rear sway bars

Urethane suspension, subframe, sway bar bushings.

New front suspension components (tie rods, lower ball joints, etc.)

Kirk Racing cage

Corbeau Forza II driver and passenger seat (had to cut out stock seat rails and build mounts to lower seats).

5pt camlock race harnesses

Trimmed interior in aluminum

New gel cell battery

Relocated battery to trunk

38/38 Weber withported manifold

Tune-up, adjusted valves

Powder coated valve cover - will be selling some soon

Petronix

Removed window tinting - installed temporary plexiglass rear windows

Things that need to be done prior to my track day/driving school in 4 weeks - Big Brakes with stainless lines (have all the parts as of today).

Frist impressions - WOW!!! It drives like a go-kart. I have had it on the road prior to today for a total of a few miles. This was the first time I could DRIVE it. It drives (and rides) like a go-kart. I threw it into a turn at about 30 mph and the car stick (no lean at all). I can't wait to get this thing on the track and auto-x. With no sound deadening and carpet it is noisy as hell on the inside. For the most part it won't matter with a helmet. There is a definite need for a LSD.

In short - my nerves gave out in the corners before the car did.

Attached are some pics of the interior before the cage and seats were installed.

Red int1.JPG

Red int2.JPG

Time to go re-torque everything under the car.

Todd

'68 project

DSC00411.JPG

Guest Anonymous

A guy my dad works with has offered to paint it for free. He's done many hot rods and such in the area, all I need to do is supply the paint and supplies. Can't complain.

Are you going to make it to the 02 Tech Session this month? I hope to have mine there.

Todd

'68 project