• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I the only one? I really want one of these and plan to b

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

mini3.jpg

A Mini Cooper S will be mine within the next year or so. I've always loved the old mini and like what BMW has done with the new one.

Todd

'68 project

Guest Anonymous

Silk green with green leather interior - we might even do European delivery program so we can "open it up" on the Autobahn / Autostradas of Europe!

man.... I can't WAIT!!!

paul

MAximill...

Guest Anonymous

We had one in Wales when I was in school....

it went like stink on the b- roads, but the humbling part was parking next to a Beetle: I never thought of the VW as a 'mid- sized' car before!

Would love to have another...

Toby

Guest Anonymous

Had a chance to drive one for about 200 miles a couple of weeks ago in Marin and Sonoma counties--it'll be written up in the June Roundel--this was a standard Cooper, not the S--and it was waaaay too much fun! If you think the new one is too "big" it's a foot shorter than a Miata!

Handles very well, especially with the 16 inch wheels, good performance--the only time you know it's only 1600cc is when you try to accelerate at 70 in 5th...otherwise, it's pretty quick. I can just imagine what the S model (40 more hp) will be like.

It ain't perfect (some things are more cute than functional.) I took to it like I did the first time I drove an 02 in 1968... and I think it'll be a cult car like the 02 someday. But don't expect to be able to tinker with it very much. There isn't much room in the engine room to do anything, and like most new(er) cars, the engine management system isn't for us mere mortals to mess with. But still, a cool little car.

Cheers

Mike

Nevada '69

Sahara '73

Guest Anonymous

The roadfly Mini bulletin board has been a good source of good/bad experiences. They even have a dealer complaint/compliment tracking system.

I have been on the list for a BMW MINI Cooper S for the better part of 2 years. I have a low-20's position on the list at a local dealer. If they sell me the car I want without adding a markup and unnecessary options I don't want/need, then there will probably be one in the Foster household.

Brian

Guest Anonymous

The roadfly Mini bulletin board has been a good source of good/bad experiences. They even have a dealer complaint/compliment tracking system.

I have been on the list for a BMW MINI Cooper S for the better part of 2 years. I have a low-20's position on the list at a local dealer. If they sell me the car I want without adding a markup and unnecessary options I don't want/need, then there will probably be one in the Foster household.

Brian