• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'75 turbo (4290652) FS in Houston

John_in_VA

A buddy sent me the link to this '75 turbo offered in Houston.  It was originally delivered to Italy.  I'd be all over it if it had the Italian-spec'd alloys!  Be sure to check out their recently sold inventory.

https://inventory.driversource.com/vehicles/491/1975-bmw-2002-turbo

9573_6e31af437844_low_res.jpg

• Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

Good grief! The hood side seals are missing.

and missing the orange cover on the diagnostic port... but what do you want for $152,500 ??

9590_741dc8091a2f_hd.jpg

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

lots of great pictures, but isn't there something wrong with scale of the road lines and the wheelbase of the car in the pictures.  Additionally I can't help but notice shadowing of car and background features is not consistent.

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

2 hours ago, conkitchen said:

And did ya notice the brake reservoir does not have the low fluid level float and associated wires. 

The Brake Fluid level sensor was used on all of the US spec cars.  Many of the European spec cars did not have them.  Turbos did not have them.  

• Like 1

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

1 hour ago, Simeon said:

What is the circular device over the top of the brake booster? Not seen a lot of under hood shots on turbos (and probably never will). 

That is the "Altitude Compensator" it is part of the fuel injection system,  It meters air and adjusts the mixture based on altitude. 

• Like 1

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

1 hour ago, Simeon said:

What is the circular device over the top of the brake booster? Not seen a lot of under hood shots on turbos (and probably never will). 

It's a barometric compensator for the injection

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

18 hours ago, Preyupy said:

The Brake Fluid level sensor was used on all of the US spec cars.  Many of the European spec cars did not have them.  Turbos did not have them.

My '72 tii (euro) doesn't have the brake fluid level sensor.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

On 30/11/2017 at 2:56 PM, Preyupy said:

That is the "Altitude Compensator" it is part of the fuel injection system,  It meters air and adjusts the mixture based on altitude. 

Ahh I thought (going by my voracious reading of the McCartney book and similar but no real life experience of turbos) that the altitude compensator was a barometer type bellows attached to the KFish pump? Did they vary in production? 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

There's two parts to the system..on the back of the KF pump is a barrel shaped chamber device with a spring loaded piston inside (there's a small hole in the piston to bleed pressure to the other side of the piston). The piston position directly controls injection volume. The top of the chamber has a rubber hose running to the plenum chamber (boost pressure)..the bottom of the chamber has a tube that runs to the altitude compensator. The inside the compensator is some variable orifice connected to atmosphere (via a filter).

This somehow provides a correction to piston position...At this point I am out of my depth...can someone elaborate the somehow??

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise