• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many people have owned this car?

GDSpeed

I've seen it on CL Atlanta recently, it's been on there a while too. Saw a pic of the under body booger welded together w/ Home Depot angle iron. Also the instrument panel was severely hacked up w/ a giant tach or something. Just an observation though....

20 hours ago, GDSpeed said:

My first post on here! I have recently bought a '76 2002... with an M42. From what I can gather this car has seen quite a few owners, a lot of them on this forum. This car is really hard to miss. So far it's been quite the experience to drive; take that as you will. Luckily for this car it has come to a home that it's going to stay in for a while; I've got some big plans for it. Judging from what I've gathered about this car I'll be coming here pretty often with some questions. For now I'll leave y'all with some pictures I took last week in the car's new home of Alabama. 

IMG_0480.thumb.JPG.fde21a6e987d848a9ac8639093dc712c.JPG

Interesting.

This pic was part of a Craigslist for sale ad last month (Mtn Brook, AL). I assume you have now decided to keep it.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yeah, I got it, and put it up on CL, but have since fallen in love with it and decided to join the '02 community for good. Took the ad down this morning. 

Yeah the welds suck and the wiring is heinous, and the exhaust sounds like rocks in a blender; but it's mine now. It just needs some (a lot) TLC. It'll be slow progress, but progress nonetheless. 

GD speed, don't be disheartened by any of this conversation.  I don't know of anybody that purchased a 2002 that didn't have a bit of a checkered past.  And certainly a couple of surprises.  Just check out some of my posts.  My car seemed to be put together in about 20 min after a repaint. It had all the parts, but just not a thorough install.  It has a brand new very expensive Nardi wheel, but the horn contact was wedged in place with a bit of cardboard. The trunk seal was held in by gravity. Coil wiring was not right.  Interior trim was held on by good intentions, chasing down bad grounds, radio was the wrong size, most of the rubber was cooked from the California sun etc etc... 

The best part is that this forum will help you through it all.  I started with a task list, prioritized it, and started knocking it all off.  Luckily I  started with a solid accident-free car with no rust.  If I were you I would tackle anything that affects reliability and safety, then repair the structural rust if any then to the bling

Regards  

• Like 2

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002