• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 2.0 M10

duggi

I'm searching for a 2-liter m10, prefer >9:1 compression (but will take anything).  Engine must be in such a condition that getting it running will require minimal work...too many other needs on the car to go too far into an engine rebuild right now =(

This is for an NK, if anyone's curious =)

'67 BMW 2000 (Chamonix)

'68 BMW 2000 (Granada)

'84 BMW 528e, '87 BMW 325is, '15 535i, '18 M3cs

18 hours ago, duggi said:

I'm searching for a 2-liter m10, prefer >9:1 compression (but will take anything).  Engine must be in such a condition that getting it running will require minimal work...too many other needs on the car to go too far into an engine rebuild right now =(

This is for an NK, if anyone's curious =)

I can offer a good deal on a new 1.8L factory crate engine which was destined for a NK car (customer project which never materialized). Bolt on a few bits, install it, and focus on your other needs. See link below.

Could also build you one (and/or - though it would reduce the cost-effectiveness - could turn the crate engine into a 2.0L). -KB

Edited by kbmb02
-

Unfortunately I am looking for a 2.0...I have a 2000 so want to install an engine with the correct displacement.  Is this the same crate engine that was originally being sold with a chamonix/marineblau 2000 in SoCal last spring (2016)?

'67 BMW 2000 (Chamonix)

'68 BMW 2000 (Granada)

18 hours ago, 02tradition said:

Call 626 359 7674. They can build you a motor. 

Hmmm.... that’s a curious post.

- So, who’s this mystery builder at the other end of that phone number?

- Did they build you an engine?

- If so, how long ago? Are you happy with it?

- What’s your relationship with those people?

On 12/5/2017 at 6:11 AM, kbmb02 said:

Hmmm.... that’s a curious post.

- So, who’s this mystery builder at the other end of that phone number?

- Did they build you an engine?

- If so, how long ago? Are you happy with it?

- What’s your relationship with those people?

I think it’s the number for Ireland Engineering.  Didn’t exactly need help finding the expensive route, but eh =) hopefully someone has a 2-liter that needs an engine bay to live in!

Edited by duggi
spelling correction

'67 BMW 2000 (Chamonix)

'68 BMW 2000 (Granada)

I have a nice 2L engine for you, well, two actually.

One is a 78 320i engine with 9.3:1 compression. The early e21 engines were 2L. It is still in the car now and runs fine. No smoke or oil consumption to write home about.

Something you are interested in? I'm in Orange County, Ca. 

Thanks,

Ryan

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

18 hours ago, Ireland Engineering said:

Yes, we do build motors pretty much to any spec you want. Here's one we built for a customer running the next LaCarrera Panamericana Race:

It’s interesting when a supplier goes into direct competition with their wholesale customers....

-KB

19 hours ago, Ireland Engineering said:

Yes, we do build motors pretty much to any spec you want. Here's one we built for a customer running the next LaCarrera Panamericana Race:

Just to be clear: That motor hasn’t actually run a race yet, right? 

Of course, it’s just friendly competition ‘at this time.’  Which is why I’ll post a link my/the Vintage BMW Racing page, where we build reliable and winning race engines, as well as performance street engines in found in cars here in Southern California and beyond.

53 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Just to be clear: That motor hasn’t actually run a race yet, right? 

Of course, it’s just friendly competition ‘at this time.’  Which is why I’ll post a link my/the Vintage BMW Racing page, where we build reliable and winning race engines, as well as performance street engines in found in cars here in Southern California and beyond.

Well if we are being honest its really no secret anymore we have 2 rebuilt engines for sale on our website -_-.

• Like 1

'67 1600 B Sedan Race Car #5

'72 2002 B Sedan Lite Race Car #13

'83 E30 323i Bauer M30B35 Swapped