• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of BWA Sportstars

SydneyTii

1 hour ago, SydneyTii said:

Thanks guys, 

Steve, yeah I hear yer, hence the question.

White cars either need a contrast say like black of gold, or perhaps a really nice silver wheel like a minilite or campy..... my BWA's are polished so they may look ok, I've just got a few to choose between hence the problem, and I quite like Alpina wheels with Chamonix. Cheers.

Image may contain: car

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

33 minutes ago, jgerock said:

I recognize some of those cars - and some of the pics I have taken.

Have not seen a couple of Matthew Cervi's former Riviera 73tii. Wonder if the new owner is here?

Nice pics then Jim.

Yeah Mats car was very nice, like you I havent seen a new pic of it. His was the inspiration for BWA's on mine, but now im not sure, I need to get some tyres on them and try them, they are hand polished and look OK.

I did find a couple more images of cars with them on and here's a white one yes I can hear Steve Meh.....! :-)

image.thumb.jpg.1b2e079e1748abf696da51370dfac7bd.jpg

post-252-13667581297543_thumb.jpg

post-252-13667581776017_thumb.jpg

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Nice pics then Jim.

Yeah Mats car was very nice, like you I havent seen a new pic of it. His was the inspiration for BWA's on mine, but now im not sure, I need to get some tyres on them and try them, they are hand polished and look OK.

I did find a couple more images of cars with them on and here's a white one yes I can hear Steve Meh.....! :-)

image.thumb.jpg.1b2e079e1748abf696da51370dfac7bd.jpg

post-252-13667581297543_thumb.jpg

post-252-13667581776017_thumb.jpg

Yes, I’m pretty meh on this combo!  Chamonix cars, on the other hand, and simply for instance, look pretty darned stunning with their original chrome wheelcovers.  I believe they need that extra “shine” as a contrast to the white.  So maybe polished BWA’s would do the trick.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

With a Chamonix, Sahara or Nevada car, I'd prefer the recessed parts be black for some contrast (like in the other pictures).   

Another fantastic looking 13" alloy with light colored body are the Polished/black Cosmic alloys.  Those are my favorite.

This is Ben Younce's car.

IMG_0875_zps340a979a.jpgIMG_0877_zpsb4461112.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

4 minutes ago, jgerock said:

With a Chamonix, Sahara or Nevada car, I'd prefer the recessed parts be black for some contrast (like in the other pictures).   

Another fantastic looking 13" alloy with light colored body are the Polished/black Cosmic alloys.  Those are my favorite.

This is Ben Younce's car.

IMG_0875_zps340a979a.jpgIMG_0877_zpsb4461112.jpg

I think these are a steal:

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.