• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request for 2002's for Museum display

MikeD

I received this in an email the other day from the BMW Foundation.  Sounds like a nice event.  I am including the application in case anyone here is interested.  Sorry if this has already been posted.

Exhibition Application - 50 Years of the 2002.pdf

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Great movie....looks like 95MPH...where was that shot at?

Thanks!

Southern edge of Wyoming, on my way back to Pennsylvania from California, in 2016. A fully loaded tii with two adults will still do 118. Who knew?

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

2 minutes ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

Interstate 80

Exit 359A

South of Denver?

(The Tii clock appears to have stopped).

:ph34r:

(I paused at the Garmin)

200+ miles north from Denver. I don't remember what we punched in as that day's "destination". Colorado is way less flat, south of Denver, as I remember. And the tii clock actually works...we may not have changed time zones on it, though. :)

• Like 1

Paul Wegweiser

I'm jealous of those seals that the window goes up and down in.  Those look good.  Mine are not looking good. 

I'm with you, Paul.  I would freak out if I couldn't drive my car for most of the year.   

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

5 hours ago, saaron said:

I'm jealous of those seals that the window goes up and down in.  Those look good.  Mine are not looking good. 

Are you talking about the vertical channel / felt? I get mine from VW restoration shops (Wolfsburg West is great!) Very similar (nearly exact, in fact) to the BMW stuff, but 1/5th the price. Fits perfectly. Vintage correct. Cloth/felt. Cut to fit. I order whatever they used on early '70s Busses (Type IIs / Combi / Transporter / whatever). 

• Like 1

Paul Wegweiser

1 minute ago, wegweiser said:

Are you talking about the vertical channel / felt? I get mine from VW restoration shops (Wolfsburg West is great!) Very similar (nearly exact, in fact) to the BMW stuff, but 1/5th the price. Fits perfectly. Vintage correct. Cloth/felt. Cut to fit. I order whatever they used on early '70s Busses (Type IIs / Combi / Transporter / whatever). 

I can tell you the vertical strip for a Beetle won't fit. I bought some from Wolfsburg West.

the fuzzy screen door strip stuff DOES work fine. 

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I just bought that felt from Blunt. Haven't replaced it yet but it looks really close. I need to fix almost everything with my doors. If I go 90+ in my car it sounds like marbles in a jar. My paint is slightly better however.:mellow: Nice Video. Here is the link to the felt from Blunt in anyone is interested:

https://www.blunttech.com/products/3219713

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wegweiser said:

Yes, that's what I mean.  Could be a good winter project, I suppose.  How do you get the old out and the new in?  Is there adhesive involved?  Do you have to take the door apart?

10 hours ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Here is the link to the felt from Blunt in anyone is interested:

Thanks for the link...I think that is it.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

56 minutes ago, saaron said:

Yes, that's what I mean.  Could be a good winter project, I suppose.  How do you get the old out and the new in?  Is there adhesive involved?  Do you have to take the door apart?

I researched this a bit when I order mine. Here is a good thread about it. But basically it sounds like you can use needle nose pliers and pull it up out of the top and slide the new one in without dismantling the doors. Use some dry Graphite Lube (Tube of Lube) when you are done. If you don't have that stuff, get some! I use it on all kinds of stuff and it's awesome!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 8:35 PM, wegweiser said:

Interested in part number and process for reinstall please Paul

Just rip the old out then thread the new back into the channel ?

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT