• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Pittsubrgh Vintage Grand Prix

markmac

Was just checking out there website for this event, I was really thinking more about Monterey this summer....but this looks to be a great event, bmw is the marque of the year, CCA Octoberfest.....lots of stuff do do, shows etc.,  If I really bust a$$ I could potentially have the Alpina car done by then.  Going to have to do some noodling on this one.  Fun factor looks high.

http://www.pvgp.org/bmw-2018-marque-year/

Mark, we would ***LOVE*** to see you in Pittsburgh! This week long event is going to be OFF THE RAILS! 

Other cool stuff to do in Pittsburgh:

Carnegie Museum of Natural History

History Museum

Wigle Whisky distillery

The Strip district, open air market

LOADS of amazing eateries!

Warhol Museum

Take in a baseball game

I live about 30 minutes north of the city, and about 28 minutes from Pittsburgh International Race Complex (some amazingly fun roads between me and the track, too!) 

I encourage all 2002ers to attend this years event! It's going to be a complete BLAST!!!! Contact the Allegheny chapter of the BMW CCA for more details! A great group of BMW nuts lives here. :D

...and where else could you have a radiator cleaned out, while buying cured meats?

226302_2015633028842_1184315012_3465823_3650917_n.jpg

• Like 2

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I saw your mug in the advert.  I need to reconnoiter my current position with the car.  Of course I had the delusional thought about taking it to Monterey in 2016....and here I am today....still 7 months away so it is doable, given where I am.  Lots to do though.

001.JPG

You can do it!!! You might need to remove the front spoiler, if you plan on displaying it in the grass.... but maybe you'll compete with it, instead! 

...and if you can't trust a guy in a "Scumball" T shirt.... who can you trust? ;)

Paul Wegweiser

Papa and I have some family in Pittsburgh, I'm hoping we'll make the trek in the '67 CS.

IMG_6647.thumb.JPG.353d144a09b8e3af75d9f685c2dd8e68.JPG

I too need to keep chopping away on the car. Welding finished today; now ready to strip and prime, then off to paint.

IMG_8783.thumb.JPG.8bdfd7db72e61e07b694f790b93b1fd9.JPG

Ed

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

I will be there.  Lots going on next year, so it will be the only big car event I hit next year.  I figure in Jan I can make a list of stuff to fix prior to leaving.  

Would be great to meet Ed and Mark.  And I haven't seen Paul in years, now.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

11 minutes ago, jgerock said:

I tried to get a hotel room (host), but you must first register for OFest so I am trying to decide how long and what events to attend.  Worried about getting somewhere to stay.

The PVGP has listed Hotel partners, at special rates, if you want to veer away from the O'Fest one.

http://www.pvgp.org/hotels-travel/

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

If you don't mind a 30-40 minute drive, there's plenty of affordable hotels in Cranberry (Cranberry Township) - about 20 miles due north of the city - right off I-79. I live 10 miles north of Cranberry in "Zelienople - Harmony". 

Paul Wegweiser

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Looks really fun.  Would love to get my M2 back on the road in time.  Got some insulated coveralls, so winter workshop is open!

HURRY UP!

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.