• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wide Body 2002 Rendering

mo02

7 minutes ago, Simeon said:

Looks photoshopped to me. What is happening on the left hand fender where it is supposed to meet the chin spoiler?

That's what's meant by the term 'rendering.'  It is photoshopped.

But what would you have to put in it?  Big turbo with iX drivetrain? 

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Pleasant? Probably not.

With, like, 600 hp? Maybe more? Probably pretty violent. Probably could be fast on the race track.

1,000 hp with all wheel drive?

Would definitely suck to drive on the street.

Dave.

5 hours ago, irdave said:

With, like, 600 hp? Probably could be fast on the race track.

No, not without springs.  And the body kit would be scraped off before you got out of the paddock.

Stants are for the street. Real race cars have to have functioning suspensions, ground clearance, things like that.

4" clearance at the rockers with reasonable spring rates usually leads to shiny spots on the front subframe...

(admission- if you like using the curbs...)

I do like how the front wheels are overcambered, and the rears are straight up and down.  A lowered 2002

usually goes the other way... Solid axle in the back?

t

who has knocked HIS body kit off on all sorts of things- Miatae, E30's, RX7's....

and is getting his ass handed to him by SolidDoesnt'Works...

Edited by TobyB
  • Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Who is to say that anything under the skin is original 2002?  If I was doing it, it'd be tube frame with inboard dampers on rockers to start...  You guys need to make your box a little bigger. ;):D

I mean, it just looks cool from an over the top standpoint.

• Like 1

Dave.

...and have too much void in them.  Rubber=grip.

Does your splitter cut cones in half, Steve?  I always thought that would be a useful feature....

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL