• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I went looking for my Dad’s blue binders and got way more than I bargained for.

VWJake

Even beyond the helpfulness of the manuals... what a design artifact! I'm amazed at how lo-fi and amateur the visual layouts are (Alpina catalog!). Certainly these documents are utilitarian, but with BMW's reputation as one of the main horsemen ushering in post-war German modernism... I guess I'm just surprised it's not all calculated brilliance... great find@vwjake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1965 Hillman Imp - Rosemarie

1969 BMW 2002 - Dolores

1975 BMW 2002 - Rolf

1984 BMW 533i Swap - Alfons

I remember the Miller & Norburn catalog, had one years ago. I used to go over it time after time and make up wish lists.  The blue binders, I have used many times when I worked at the dealerships back in the days of 2002's on the showroom floors. Did quite a few PDI's on 2002's.

Wish now that I would have hung onto all those manuals, same with all my Porsche manuals as well but they just weren't worth that much 35-40 years ago.

Seasons best to all

Thanks, Rick

I don't have Bimmer parts catalog, but I remember a guy at work was restoring a 1600 long time ago and he bought a complete rubber molding and weather strip kit from them for $200.

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:59 PM, jgerock said:

1ea74e4d.jpg

We bought just about everything on this page, many times when we had our shop in Baltimore 30+ yrs ago

For those unfamiliar - Bimmer Parts was the parts department at dealer in Pottstown, PA specializing in mailorder.

We would go there and pick up our factory reman engines - $ 1,100.00 -  and we think they were 100% brand new

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car

1 hour ago, VWJake said:

Between caring for my 17m.o. and feeling like I'm on my deathbed (sinus infections/flu/broncitus) this is all I've managed to scan. It's a BMW journal reprint. Doesn't have much to do with '02s, but still neat anyway.

BMW journal reprint.pdf

Dedication to the cause!, get well soon.

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

On 12/28/2017 at 7:59 PM, jgerock said:

1ea74e4d.jpg

I loved this place.  I bought every part for my restoration from them.  When they were going out of business they called me and asked if I needed anything else because they were liquidating everything.  I bought a ton of parts from them even though I had finished my restoration.  I still have them stored away in case I ever need them.

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

Can I suggest something like a crowdfund to get it all scanned by someone like Kinko’s. They can then do it justice with things like an index, one PDF per part and searchable files.  Presumably it could then be hosted on this site(?).  I would be happy to contribute to a great resource like that. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/