• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro Seat Adapters?

Stuart

Just to chime in. The original seat set up is not centered and after driving that for years using Healy's measurements worked out just fine for me. I just wanted to get my seats in and get driving so I used 2" flat stock for the rails. If you have a drill press you could fab yours easily at home with some aluminum. took me a half day and I used mild steel since I had it at our shop. With aluminum you could tape all four int a stack and drill all at once.

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 12.53.02 PM.png

2 hours ago, austin1600 said:

Just to chime in. The original seat set up is not centered and after driving that for years using Healy's measurements worked out just fine for me. I just wanted to get my seats in and get driving so I used 2" flat stock for the rails. If you have a drill press you could fab yours easily at home with some aluminum. took me a half day and I used mild steel since I had it at our shop. With aluminum you could tape all four int a stack and drill all at once.

I think the seats (and the car, of course) were designed as metric.  This makes the dimensions nice, round numbers when using millimeters.  Fractions give me fits :-)

4 minutes ago, Healey3000 said:

I think the seats (and the car, of course) were designed as metric.  This makes the dimensions nice, round numbers when using millimeters.  Fractions give me fits :-)

Tell me about it. I only had a normal ruler and tape measurer at the shop the day I did it. ?‍♂️

I think some of issues here in regards to adapters, price, etc..  I pm'ed and I looked at the drawing from Healey.  These flat adapters are real cheap and easy to make with a water jet, we do it all the time...  To center the seat, it takes on a little bit of engineering, material and machining to do it right.  My guess would be that it is just a little too much money for what people want to spend just to gain that 20 or 22mm to center the seat.

Am I right?  Otherwise, I can draw up a 4pc setup and put a price to it.  I have something in mind for what I will do for my car. I just think it will be slightly more than double the price of the flat option. I'm not really looking to get in the business of seat adapters but, thought I would throw this out there..

Dave

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So I get my Recaros and pull the passenger seat, of course the slider is part of the seat and not original. 

Mine has this bracket, is this a 2002 bracket or no ?

IMG_3375.thumb.jpg.17c9da453c0a0ea3ce6d2a442141d86a.jpg

IMG_3376.thumb.jpg.eabb980b76f0ea281746f7059c96178e.jpg

I have a set of the Massive Brakes mount. Looking at the Wedge bracket to replace the mount I have. Might be the cleanest way to go with what I have.