• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Schrick 292

pompei426

Probably not what you need but I have a complete motor with the 292 in it. Would sell it for $500. It was actually rebuilt about 12k miles ago but the oil pump failed and blew the head gasket out. I am currently swapping to an M42 so I haven't bothered to fix it. Or make me an offer. It's still in my car but will be coming out shortly. Dumping the trans as well but it is an auto so it's even more useless.

Just FYI, an automatic and the 292 is a very bad combo for torque...Good hell it was gutless. 

19 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Probably not what you need but I have a complete motor with the 292 in it. Would sell it for $500. It was actually rebuilt about 12k miles ago but the oil pump failed and blew the head gasket out. I am currently swapping to an M42 so I haven't bothered to fix it. Or make me an offer. It's still in my car but will be coming out shortly. Dumping the trans as well but it is an auto so it's even more useless.

Just FYI, an automatic and the 292 is a very bad combo for torque...Good hell it was gutless. 

If you weren't so far away, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I'm in MD and I see you're in UT. 

So I dug thru a bunch of receipts that came with the car tonight. I didn't find anything that would give me the brand. I did find a list of engine upgrades if it interests you at all. I am quoting this direct from the paperwork I found. I'm not a mechanic so this is all foreign to me. 

- Rebuilt M10 engine all new gaskets, replace wear items. dissassmbled  and reassembled, rebore to new pistons

- New dome top pistons 1.25

- Upgraded 292 cam installed

- Tii exhaust manifold

- electronic ignition pickup in distributor installed

I also found these pictures in the folder. Like I said, means nothing to me but I don't know much. 

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG