• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Progressive Limited Slip Differential

jwill214

So far, nothing seems to mind the lincolnlocker. 

Now, mind you, that's only 15x10 slicks with maybe 180 bhp

And I did upgrade to 320 halfshafts...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

8 hours ago, Dudeland said:

Wow, that is a big tire and quite a bit of power. Maybe I should sell my do-hickey and borrow a welder! LOL

well, street-ability of a welded diff is greatly impacted, as well as the stresses on your CV joints, hence Toby's 320 half-shafts.

I'm sure he's also not rambling around town roads, parallel parking, or hell, just normal-ass parking with that car :) Low speed maneuvers with welded diffs comes at a the sacrifice of drive-ability. 

• Like 1

Dear David,

I don't wish to influence on your decision, but I have to tell you that we sold more than 200 of these in 2017 just for e30 168mm case differential. We have 100% positive feedback. We drive it on our own cars, and lots of hill climb and rallye cars drive it. Not single differential has broken and it wont broke for sure.

Of course, decision is always up to you.

Kind regards!
Luka Popovic
CEO at RacingDiffs ltd

On 26 Jan 2018 12:24 pm, "dave" <dave@.com> wrote:
Hello.

I tried sending an email through your contact page, I don't know if it got to you.

I just bought one of your diff adapters for my 1972 2002 with a regular diff.  There has been some discussion that your part will break my diff.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Dave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

25 minutes ago, irdave said:

Dear David,

I don't wish to influence on your decision, but I have to tell you that we sold more than 200 of these in 2017 just for e30 168mm case differential. We have 100% positive feedback. We drive it on our own cars, and lots of hill climb and rallye cars drive it. Not single differential has broken and it wont broke for sure.

Of course, decision is always up to you.

Kind regards!
Luka Popovic
CEO at RacingDiffs ltd

On 26 Jan 2018 12:24 pm, "dave" <dave@.com> wrote:
Hello.

I tried sending an email through your contact page, I don't know if it got to you.

I just bought one of your diff adapters for my 1972 2002 with a regular diff.  There has been some discussion that your part will break my diff.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Dave

Nice response.

I wonder of you can find some of his customer, for their views....

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

That's what I'd do.  The spiders in a 2002 diff fail from NON- locked use- they're very weak compared to the rest of the driveline.

And their geometry's not all that good- thus the threads about 'klunking' when you spin them against each other.

Adding stress and wear from trying to lock to the other wheel's not going to help that.

well, street-ability of a welded diff is greatly impacted,

There aren't usually all that many impacts, unless you forget you have it and lose it in the wet,

but binding, hopping, understeer, odd noises, tire wear and general refusal to want to turn DO seem to be side effects.

I stuck a welded 4.44 into the street car for a weekend (when I had a track day) for troubleshooting problems in the race car.

It really wasn't much fun.  I suppose you could learn to live with it, but it's like learning to live with glasses,

a prosthetic limb, or a terminal need to wear a meshback-

your life is better if you don't have to do it.  If you have to, you can.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I hate doing it, but I got my money back, too.  Especially realizing that proper LSDs are available when the time comes...

They seem like nice guys and were very prompt with communication and with sending my money back...  If someone wanted to try this, I think these guys would be good to deal with.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.