• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS or “really nice” late seat rails

Lengrep

I need 2 inners and the passenger side outer seat rails for a 1974. Bought some used parts which turned out to be pretty rough.

I got the driver side outer from BMW. The rest are NLA. I understand the earlier inners are available from BMW but they are crazy expensive and surely need some modifications at best.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 30, 1973 Agave tii

April 24, 1974 Chamonix Turbo (German delivery)

Hi,

For the inner rails, are you referring to p# s ?

52 11 7 402 100    SEAT RAIL OUTER LEFT        
52 11 7 402 101    SEAT RAIL OUTER RIGHT

Or let me know which ones from the following diagram:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=2215-USA-08_1975_114_BMW_2002&diagId=52_2356#52117402100

I think I can still get them from Germany

Thanks

Saul

www.bimmer.com

1 hour ago, bimmerdotcom said:

Hi,

For the inner rails, are you referring to p# s ?

52 11 7 402 100    SEAT RAIL OUTER LEFT        
52 11 7 402 101    SEAT RAIL OUTER RIGHT

Or let me know which ones from the following diagram:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=2215-USA-08_1975_114_BMW_2002&diagId=52_2356#52117402100

I think I can still get them from Germany

Thanks

Saul

www.bimmer.com

Inner 52101829900 (I need two)

Outer right 52101829902 (I need one)

Both part numbers show up as NLA. 

Greg

Just as an FYI, Greg, the seat rails respond remarkably well to re-plating (clear zinc is an excellent approximation of the original plating, which appeared to be silver cadmium or maybe even...clear zinc). Sorry I can’t find photos of my ‘76’s before and after but if I didn’t know better, I’d say the re-plated rails were new!

You don’t need to disassemble them, just clean off the areas you can see, and give them to the re-plater.  I haven’t yet found “my re-plater” since I returned to NYC, but my Atlanta re-plater, Metal Finishers of Atlanta, charged $140(?) for a “load” of re-plating (a “load” is lots more than a set of seat rails).  So, you could buy the cheapest (late) used seat rails you can find and simply have them re-plated.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

5 hours ago, Conserv said:

Just as an FYI, Greg, the seat rails respond remarkably to re-plating (clear zinc is an excellent approximation of the original plating, which appeared to be silver cadmium). Sorry I can’t find photos of my ‘76’s before and after but if I didn’t know better, I’d say the re-plated rails were new!

You don’t need to disassemble them, just clean off the areas you can see, and give them to the re-plater.  I haven’t yet found “my re-plater” since I returned to NYC, but my Atlanta re-plater, Metal Finishers of Atlanta, charged $140(?) for a “load” of re-plating (a “load” is lots more than a set of seat rails).  So, you could buy the cheapest (late) used seat rails you can find and simple have them re-plated.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks! One of the inners I bought isn’t useable at all...sigh. 

• Like 1