• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB tii Fuel Pressure Maintenance Valve

Ensign

Hello,

I am in the process of building a "new" engine for my '72 tii, and need to source a couple of parts:

FOUND 1. coolant divider, part #11531255158 (see first picture). These are available new, but thought someone might have a spare and save me a few bucks.

2.  tii fuel pressure maintenance valve/fuel return valve, part #1351125755 (part #8 on the injection pump diagram). I'm pretty sure these are NLA

Thanks,

Tony

5a6a46b3c6943_CoolantDivider.jpg.9df47fc2a3cbe4131dd9e77713d1cca4.jpg5a6a46b52a90f_K-FischPartsDiagram.png.e800bc1c6538b5d2fad6d928e38549da.png

Edited by Ensign
typo, found one item, change title

Tony Garton

1972 2002tii

This may or may not be meaningful, but as a tii owner myself, the failure of this valve (and the tricky to obtain rubber O ring) has been a concern of mine. So I pay attention to how other mechanical systems accomplish this task on other cars. 

Recently, I was working on an old (1972-ish) Alfa Romeo with it's original SPICA injection, and it appeared that the only means of maintaining fuel pressure in the pump, was a return fitting ( a very standard looking barbed fitting for 8mm fuel hose) with a small, 2-3mm orifice inside it. In fact, there were tech tips about changing this orifice (through melting lead in to it / re-drilling smaller, or enlarging it, to modify pressure as maintained in the mechanical pump assembly. Almost seems too simple, right? It might be the kind of thing that gets one of us tii owner home, one day though, if we can find the means to build one of these restrictors using parts store / hardware store items in an emergency pinch. 29 psi is the magic number....and it's a common one in fuel injected cars from the 70s / 80s. We have that in our favor.

Check out page 8 of this article for photographs of the 3/32" restrictor.

http://www.wesingram.com/SPICA_Fuel_Supply_Diagnostic_Guide_Nov_2004.pdf

Obviously I trust and prefer the factory part. Try Gus Pfister at pacific Fuel Injection or hans at H&R for a replacement. 

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

11 hours ago, wegweiser said:

Obviously I trust and prefer the factory part. Try Gus Pfister at pacific Fuel Injection or hans at H&R for a replacement. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond Paul and for the referrals.

I wonder if the fixed orifice would work over time, as older filters slow down the flow of fuel and/or the fuel pump pressure changes. I agree with you though, having simple fixes available while on the road do provide some comfort.

Regards,

Tony

Tony Garton

1972 2002tii